Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who knows this part number

Hello guys,

I'am missing a part in the back of my rs2.
    It's a plastic panel in the right under the central locking pump.
    I search on etka but didn't find it.
    someone know the part number?

I thought I could find it but came up dry. Sorry.

The equivalent in the C4 avant world is a 4A9864897 (I have one in my hand right now) and it is called a "vent trim, left". I tried searching "vent trim" in the RS2 folder and while there is a "vent trim" it is the one that lets interior air out of the car, behind the wings of the rear bumper. There isn't even a "64" subgroup in the RS2 "8" body main group.

Tom S. (RS2 America) should know.

C4 4A9864897

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

i finally got it

the part number is : 8A9 864 898

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri View Post
        i finally got it the part number is : 8A9864898
        Good for you.

But for me!

Your PN is for the right side. The left side is 8A9864897 which is the same PN as mine (also left side) except 8A9 instead of 4A9. DUH!! I should have been able to figure that one out What makes me madder is it is called a "tray vent trim" but yet when I searched on "vent trim" I didn't get that option.

Anyway way to go

Check ebay.de or autewo for either one. http://shop.autewo.de/public/catalog...pn=39&suid=341

Comment

Hi Gents - so what is this part for? I don't recall seeing it in my RS2. Any negatives to not having it?
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post
            Hi Gents - so what is this part for? I don't recall seeing it in my RS2. Any negatives to not having it? Cheers
            I can tell you that on a C4, the similar part, shown below, was there to keep stuff from falling deep into the "well" in the avant fender cavity while at the same time allowing air to pass through the cabin and out of the vent that exits behind the bumper wing. I presume the B4 (including RS2) part has a similar purpose

The piece:

The avant fender well showing the air vent and the sunroof drain from the inside:

And from the outside:

Vent photos courtesy of Majorcina.

Comment

Thanx UrS4boy - I don't have the cover first pic, the air vent in the second pic is there - I guess I don't need to stress too much for not having the cover - first pic. Cheers and appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X