Autocheck Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocheck Problem

Hi guys, I have a little problem...when you turn on the car you push the brake pedal to check the brake lights, and then the autocheck shows you "OK" and turn off, but I push the brake pedal and don't give me the "OK", it's always showing "BREMS LICHT" and the brake lights works fine.

I have the blue and yellow connector pin out, but not the white one and I don't know if when you push the brake pedal send a +12v to the autocheck or I have a bad ground or the rear light control unit or...

Any idea??

I found corrosion in control unit connectors on, which caused a very similar issue, but warning of bulb failure for tail lights.

Comment

Hi mate, I check it but all the pins are clean...I think that rear bulb control unit "J124" it's damaged

Comment

There's not a whole lot in there, you taken it apart to have a look? IIRC it just slides apart.

Comment

This is were it's located mate

In the white dash connector, the red wire is for the brake lights check signal, when you push the brake pedal the first time to have the "OK", the rear beam control unit put in ground this wire and gives you the "OK", and still in ground unless you turn off the key or damage a brake bulb

I put my s2 "J124" in my customers S2 and works fine...so the problem it's inside this control unit

Maybe it's rusty inside...but I change for a spare one

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X