Gauge size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge size

What size are the small gauges in the centre console? are they 52mm?
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Yes indeed, they are standard VDO gauges.
    Peter

Comment

Ta! I've e-mailed VDO to get a part no for a suitable boost gauge for the S2 so i can have nice words with our local auto-elctrical supplier @ work for a super deal on one!! but the guy to speak to is off untill monday and then i imagine he has tonnes of e-mails to trawl through!
      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Glen,
        if you can retrieve the appropriate partnumber, please post it on the forum, I'm interested aswell.
        Peter

Comment

i posted about this a few weeks ago, merlinmotorsport sell the VDO vison white face gauges to suit the s2.

Havent got the site to hand at min tho
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

VDO Gauge

I installed the 52mm whitefaced VDO boost gauge in place of the voltage gauge. Will post the part number if still required

I actually placed it in the middle with the oil pressure gauge on the left, and the oil temp gauge on the far right. This provides a bit better angle from which to view the oil temp, given the small gradients and limited movement of that dial.

I am still not so happy with the lighting colour for the new gauge - I got an orange bulb for it and gave it a very light paint of red to get it a bit darker. Unfortunately (?) the stock VDO gauges had a nice method of producing a red glow - the gradients and needle illuminated through a red diffuser in the back of the gauge - would be hard to replicate that in one of the aftermarket VDO gauges I guess!

Comment

merlin motorsport's stock gauges are on http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/ca...nstruments.htm

I never realised this place was at Castle Combe till the other day, damned annoying, could have picked up an ITG panel filter whilst there last month, they are the main distributor, doh.
              Last edited by blu_s2; 11 November 2003, 10:17.
              Jim

Comment

I didn't think VDO did a white faced boost gauge The only VDO gauges I could see on that merlinmotorsport page were black faces and black bezels & VDO said they didn't do one when I asked them afew months ago...

Jim,
                I think I saw yours at the garage meet on Saturday. Which gauge have you got ? It looked very neat in the centre vent ? How did you mount it there ?

I've ordered one from Smiths as per the pic but with a black bezel:
                Attached Files
                Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

What about this chap here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2463138344

If you do have a part number for the White VDO boost gauge that would be great.

What do you actually connect the gauge to?
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                  X