DTC logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTC logic

I was looking at the DTC class table and trying to decipher what is what with that. since im currently on VEMS i have removed N80 off of my S6 , N80 and N71 off my K4Q. i know these being gone will set faults in the ECU. i feel the N71 in not necessary and was a vacuum leak with VEMS since the ECU was no longer controlling it so the solenoid was always open. For the ISV N71 being missing i had problems with getting it to function in VEMS so i just deleted it and used spark cut idle control. so is it possible to control idle with ignition or should i just source a new ISV and put one back on the car?
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

I would like to know more about the DTC class to be honest.
    Didn’t catched the thinking behind.
    But I guess will be answered with the IDA stuff.

@prj: enjoy my donation. Hope it’s not the only one. Make a button on your side.

Comment

Here's all the of the DTC classes straight from the M2.3.2 damos acki . setting them 0xFF disables them . forgot to mention that the data in the pictures lines up with RS2 551B motor chip BIN, this is what PRJmod is based on.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 9 photos.
      Last edited by vwnut8392; 8 February 2018, 10:23.

Comment

If you have access to said damos then posting it could be useful for reverse engineering some stuff...

Although, unneccessary for tuning at this point.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
          If you have access to said damos then posting it could be useful for reverse engineering some stuff...

Although, unneccessary for tuning at this point.
          I sent you a PM about it PRJ. please kindly read it and respond if you feel necessary.

Comment

I have a million PM's and I don't really read them anymore, but I'll have a look.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
              I have a million PM's and I don't really read them anymore, but I'll have a look.
              i bet you do lol. very important guy! i will stick around on the forum for a little bit in case you reply to my PM.

Comment

How to interpretate these DTC classes? There are many with ff in the pictures. So what does it actually mean?

Comment

I had a look at the binary. The number on the left is actually the adress in eprom where these values are stored. So if we find a codepiece which sets dptr to this location, we know which faultcode is raised.

Good information, thanks vwnut.

Daniel
                  Last edited by -ice-; 9 February 2018, 07:08.

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                    I had a look at the binary. The number on the left is actually the adress in eprom where these values are stored. So if we find a codepiece which sets dptr to this location, we know which faultcode is raised.

Good information, thanks vwnut.

Daniel
                    you are very welcome! if there is anything else you want to know -ice- just PM me. i will share anything from the documents you want to know. you are right, the address is on the left but also the HEX value that fills that address is right next to it. i tested a few of them last night on my car and they do work when setting them to FF. i tested tank vent valve and N75 to see if the would throw faults when unplugged and they did not.

Comment

There are also these as well, these i guess are to trigger the fault lamp on when a fault is set. these are all 0x00 when on and 0xFF when off.
                      This gallery has 10 photos.

Comment

Last but not least the general diagnostics information from the function sheet. i cant read german but i've been trying to learn and use google translate so if anyone would be kind enough to make this english that would be awesome. enjoy guys!
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Later binaries have DTC area starting at 0xA564 instead of 0x855B. Structure and stock data equal.

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                            Last but not least the general diagnostics information from the function sheet. i cant read german but i've been trying to learn and use google translate so if anyone would be kind enough to make this english that would be awesome. enjoy guys!
                            It's even in german not easy to understand.
                            Engine starts until DTC deleted
                            Maximum engine starts until DTC deleted
                            Minimum engine speed (for the DTC)
                            Time failure must be present until DTC set
                            Delay till failure lamp off
                            Delay till failure lamp on
                            Delay at priority control

Comment

Working...
                            X