WBO2 into motronic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acki View Post
    At the I5 the wiring diagram shows no usage at pin 46 - so I can't say the DTC is "not active" when some signal is used at this Pin.
    At V8 it's for US applications available according some google, but at the end same double check has to be done - what happens when signal is present.

May you can check your documentation for this? Or using a free RAM_Cell according your list.

BE0x is not in the code, it's only DPTR and then it's calls the ADC routine, ADC routine only use DPL (means not BE, only 00-07), DAPR=0 is for 5V reference voltage.

However it should be possible to use this input for WB-O2 logging (at least) without hardware modification at the Motronic.
    BE XX is referencing the analog input straight from the processor. BE00 means its reading pin AN0 right from the processor. Here are the AAN analog inputs from my personal IDB.
    Code:
    0000BE00 Analog Inputs
    code:0000BE00 Analog_In_TPS:  .byte 2                 ; DATA XREF: code_12B1+2Co
    code:0000BE00                                         ; code_21A8+1014o ...
    code:0000BE01 Analog_In_Battery:.byte 2               ; DATA XREF: code_210C-9E7o
    code:0000BE01                                         ; code_2184+2B7o ...
    code:0000BE02 Analog_In_IAT:  .byte 2                 ; DATA XREF: code_12B1+42o
    code:0000BE02                                         ; code_210C-9D9o
    code:0000BE03 Analog_In_ETC:  .byte 2                 ; DATA XREF: code_12B1+37o
    code:0000BE04 Analog_In_ECU_Pin_39:.byte 2            ; DATA XREF: code_4F5Fo
    code:0000BE04                                         ; Coding Plug Pin 2 (Used for NLS activation)
    code:0000BE05 Analog_In_ECU_Pin_43:.byte 2            ; DATA XREF: code_210C-9C9o
    code:0000BE05                                         ; Use for MAP sensor in speed density.
    code:0000BE06 Analog_In_ECU_Pin_46:.byte 2            ; DATA XREF: code_210C-9BAo
    code:0000BE06                                         ; Uses....
    code:0000BE06                                         ; -Input for wideband for data logging
    code:0000BE06                                         ; -Input for map switching
    code:0000BE06                                         ; -Boost cut (Safety Feature)
    code:0000BE07 Analog_In_Lambda:.byte 2                ; DATA XREF: code_2C22+4o
    What engine are you using? i have a PT 3.6 V8 here at my place that i have been saving for a turbo V8 swap into a n 80 quattro that i can mess with still. i only have an automatic BIN file though as a manual V8 is very rare here in the states with only 53 cars being imported. The PT 3.6 V8 ECU analog inputs work identical to the AAN. all of you have to do is check and make sure AN6 is not connected to ground from the factory as bosch liked to do that when an input isnt used in an ECU. if it is you just have to figure out where its tied to ground and remove that resistor or bridge so its an open circuit. hope that helps ya.

Oh and what i did in the PRJ's logging to make AN6 (ECU pin 46) work is this....

I changed this long call in the data logging output code to a new spot in the code where i could add the code to reference AN6.
    Code:
    code:00008198                 lcall   code_82D8

Than all i did was make it reference AN6 like this. its that simple. i just re-purposed code PRJ originally put in place for referencing the MAF.
    Code:
    code:000082D8 ; =============== S U B R O U T I N E =======================================
    code:000082D8
    code:000082D8
    code:000082D8 code_82D8:                              ; CODE XREF: code_8150+48p
    code:000082D8                 mov     DPTR, #0xBE06
    code:000082DB                 lcall   code_17CF
    code:000082DE                 ret
    code:000082DE ; End of function code_82D8
    code:000082DE
    code:000082DE ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if your using the zeitronix ZT-2 or ZT-3 this is the equation i came up with and use in both tuner pro and winlog to make both logging suites display the AFR properly.
    Code:
    (((X* 0.0196078) - 0.4)*2) + 10
    Last edited by vwnut8392; 25 February 2018, 06:32.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Thanks for the summary, still have to check about EGR temp DTC.

Comment

AN6 in I5 ecus are always operational in the hardware and (stock) software. It's used for MFTS temperature signal switch and when activated will cause boost cut etc. In some engine variations (AAN) the MFTS is not wired in the ecu harness. Btdt, mfts sucks. Haven't seen one that does gauge and switches right.
        Last edited by kymi; 25 February 2018, 11:39.

Comment

MFTS means what? Multi Fuzzi temperature switch - I only know from the cylinder head - signal to dashboard and switch the fan.

Comment

Multi-function temperature sensor F76. It does gauge signal and then two switches: one that goes to ecu & a/c, and one that lights up dash temperature alert (autocheck). It doesn't switch on fans.

Deep dive into MFTS:
            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22584.phtml

Comment

May I mixed it with the Audi V8 about the KI switching of the fan... doesn't matter, prjmod is RS2 based - S4 20V code doesn't contain ADC at Pin 46.
              But nice to know for what the MFTS patch is for :-D

Comment

I stand corrected. Quick look to 551aa and there really is no AN6 being read and jnb at 0x6D06 doesn't jump to MFTS cjne routine. Basically the MFTS patch nop's this jnb (0x70EC in prjmod).

Comment

What ever setb P5.4 does :-D
                  Have DTC C in my V8 but not the "MFTS" routine before - didn't understood the RAM_2E or 2F in this part yet.

Comment

I have the 3.6 V8 bin from my automatic parts car here and these are the reference to AN6 that i found.

It looks like AN2 and AN3 arent referenced at all in my code.
                    filedata/fetch?id=2018042&d=1519582337&type=thumb

Actually acki, post the BIN up your working with, im curious to see what your working with and maybe i can help more if i can see exactly what your working with.
                    Attached Files
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by vwnut8392; 25 February 2018, 18:18.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I will test it on my desktop bench and let you know when I had to made any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                        It looks like AN2 and AN3 arent referenced at all in my code.
                        There can be indirect references where multiple ANs are read in a row (inc DPL).

Comment

Yes like at 210C :-)

Comment

0x201C is direct addressing in RS2 file. It’s pulling the values from the analog inputs directly and placing them into RAM.

At 0x1733 mov DPTR, #BE02
                            Than mov R0, #0x37

That pulls from AN2 and places it into the RAM at address 0x37. That is direct addressing and the entry point for from the analog input. If you NOP the BE06 at its entry point it’s disabled in the rest of the code because the analog input is never placed into ram from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post
                              Yes like at 210C :-)
                              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                                If you NOP the BE06 at its entry point it’s disabled in the rest of the code because the analog input is never placed into ram from the factory.
                                So you will use non-initialized variable for compare function in the code...

Comment

Working...
                                X