update on my progress with PRJmod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on my progress with PRJmod

I would just like to report back and let everyone one know PRJ's speed density solution works very very well. Honestly i can say my car has never ran better, its even better than when it was on VEMS. i now have my car setup running 27psi on a manual boost controller for now till i get all my fueling and timing set 100% where i want it. i plan on working on the boost chip and hooking my MAC valve back up in the near future though. fixed my phantom knock issue with a fresh set of engine mounts too. i have developed some personal tools for myself like a tuner pro ADX definition that logs directly in tuner pro and allows live tracing of the mapping from the data streams output. this makes it so much easier to pinpoint where to make adjustments in the mapping, it even traces the maps in the log playback as well. i have been using COM port splitter software to log with both tuner pro and winlog at the same time to compare how my logs turn out. i also added in wideband input to the MFTS pin with the 0-5v signal from my 14point7 AFR controller to have live AFR reading in both tuner pro and winlog. buying a zeitronix controller is not in the budget so i made myself another solution using the 14point7 controller and AEM uego controller. but over all i am personally pleased with how effective the speed density is. the next thing i want to figure out is how to get some better fuel economy when not in boost and running in closed loop operation. i have leaned my lambda map out in hopes it would make it a little bit leaner but it still targets 14.7 AFR. perhaps there are values that are not defined in the XDF that are making it not react properly. i hope PRJ decides to release an ida pro disassembly or some sort of disassembly of both motor and boost chips because there are some things i have not figured out that i have been curious about for some time and i have a feeling his disassemblies will point me in the right direction with what i am thinking.

The only annoyance i have has so far is a constant flicker of the check engine light but it might just be my car, i dont know. this is one of the things i hoped to stop with the use of his disassembly. if i recall correctly european models cars where not equipped with a CEL so this small issue may have never come to PRJ's attention. i know i can just pull the bulb but i have hopes of stopping it from flickering and use it as a shift light output instead. over all this is a huge leap forward for the DIY 20VT tuner. i wish good luck to everyone who is using it and is or has plans to develop this further. keep up the good work PRJ.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

good to hear it's working so well. The motronic modification is best of both worlds. the oem engineering still in there but modifying it sure has some advantages over full aftermarket ecu.
    1967 fiat 500 future project
    1976 audi 100 coupe S
    1989 vw corrado 16V
    1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
    1994 audi RS2 project
    1994 audi RS2 parts car
    1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Working...
    X