Reviving PRJ's map finder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving PRJ's map finder!

i was going to attempt to hand type all of the information into an XDF for all of the maps and constants from the damos but realized its going to be extremely time consuming. than i remembered PRJ had made a java program that would dig out all of the maps for you and label axis's as per a text file. i had the idea to put all of the information including map names into the map finder once and than just let it do all of the work for you on a stock binary that way it should work with all AAN/ABY/ADU motor chips. i would even try to get it to identify the constants as well even though some are different when it comes to AAN and ADU. This would be a great start for getting some of this info out there and not breaking the agreement i had. i would need help with translating some of the german to english as well but its pretty obvious that there are plenty of you from the motherland on this forum. i hope PRJ will release the source to the map finder so i can attempt to make this a reality.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

I can make you understand German, send me the damos.

You really don't need the source code for the java-binary. You need understanding how the things are laid out in the binary. You can do it by hand or you can do it with help of the prj's nice java tool.

I can help you with that. Edit. Sorry, this is not for sale part of the forum. Send me a PM if interested.
    Last edited by kymi; 17 February 2018, 22:07.

Comment

Modify the Mapfinder XDF on our own?!
      Would not expect that the location is always the same - for constants etc.

Comment

The map finder java application will only look for the maps defined in map lookup table. It will not find scalars/constants or some maps not using the map lookup routines. It's completely dynamic and logic and that job can be done by hand if you know how the stuff works.

I would bet that the map lookup function(s) has been discussed enough on this forum before. Shouldn't be hard to understand, but I'm able to teach for right kind of PM.

I'm sorry, but the bets are so high that I'm not going to give a single bit of information for free anymore.

Comment

XDF from DAMOS as such is not needed by anyone, PRJ has completely done this job, his XDF and ADX is enought for engine tune. What was repeatedly confirmed by him. You late.

The only way to benefit is just public this DAMOS as is - algorithms, variables in RAM, conversion factors and other stuff are very helpful for REVERSERS (because all of Motronic 1.x-2.x are pretty same for a years, with little differencies), not for tuners.

For example, from the description of the work of Lambda regulation (which you post previously few days, thanks for this!) you did not understand absolutely nothing, right? I'm understood all that I needed just from one sentence without any correspondence to RAM variables or tables. Labeling of tables without explanation of how to work with it is just waste of time and realy for tune completely modifying engine you do not reach about ~15 tables from whole count (more than a 100, for example), of course if you dont planned to swap M2.3.2 to ABT engine, for example

This would be a great start for getting some of this info out there and not breaking the agreement i had.
          You have already violated the agreement by public the first page of DAMOS, all your other attempts to somehow whiten your actions is nothing more than a "game of words" (sounds like "game of thrones", yeah)

Comment

Yes for tuning everything is available. Prj tested it. Really a awesome job and work. Not all hero’s wear capes...

This section becomes more or less a vwnuts special care section somehow.

I would appreciate when you put all constants into a clean XDF, naming like Bosch it made. Conversion the same. And put it online.

I know that the damos tables “addresses” are different cause of the axle stuff but the hard way is sometimes the easier way..

Comment

The map addressing is easy to take into account when writing own map finder application/script. It already knows both addresses.

Comment

As kymi said, mapfinder just went through the index table and dumped all the maps.
                But there is no way to do anything with constants programmatically. Nor is it needed - basically the job only needs to be done once and that is convert the damos to xdf. Maybe more useful would be to transfer it to .idb

Also as said here before, it is not neccessary for tuning the car. You have everything that you need to make the car run perfect with even 700hp - I have done this many times. And after that it's anyway a drag racing car and should for sure have standalone ECU with per-cylinder EGT and so on.
                Plus - all the load acquisition I rewrote from scratch. So stuff like VE table, temp correction, transient enrichment and so on is nothing like what it was originally with VFQ converter and delta maf.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

than i will work on putting it all into an IDB than whoever wants to can pick and choose out of that to add whatever they like from that to their own XDF. i will just make a direct german IDB first than work from there to make an english one. there are other things that can be done yet aside from PRJ's original XDF like i deleted the tank vent valve on my car and disabled faults, my other car has the no tank vent valve or ISV so all of that is disabled because the damos let me know what faults and stuff to shut off and what tables to flatten to disable function of those devices. i tried the map finder for the heck of it on the modified motor chip bin and it says it cant find the master map table lol. i assume it sort of has problem since there are 2 master map tables in the modified motor chip.
                  "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Working...
                  X