This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiki access

If you feel that you would like to add some info to the m232.org wiki, please post here with your desired username.
    I will create an account for you and PM you a randomly generated password. You can change the password afterwards to whatever you like.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Do you have any specific topics in mind or some kind of structure?

Comment

Well, there is some structure there already, of course it can be modified and totally new topics explored.
      Or some info can be added into the existing bullets that are at the start of the page.

I don't have any specific preferences, it's a wiki - if you feel you have info you'd like to contribute to it somewhere, then go ahead.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Ok. I'm not an expert in Wiki, but I can give it a go and try to learn. First things I had in my mind was to document some data structures, map behaviors, etc basic things (both chips). I know that quite much of that information can be found in old threads here, but it needs to be put together and loose ends tied.

I also had in mind something like "First steps in M2.3.2 disassembly" - someone might be interested and capable of learning but currently the bar remains really high. If we can make it easier to start we might get some new contributors. Not a spoon-feeding section but some tips and tricks, where to start, what to do or not, etc.

I need a password for user 'kymi'. And some spare time.

Comment

username heffner

Comment

Originally posted by kymi View Post
            Ok. I'm not an expert in Wiki, but I can give it a go and try to learn. First things I had in my mind was to document some data structures, map behaviors, etc basic things (both chips). I know that quite much of that information can be found in old threads here, but it needs to be put together and loose ends tied.

I also had in mind something like "First steps in M2.3.2 disassembly" - someone might be interested and capable of learning but currently the bar remains really high. If we can make it easier to start we might get some new contributors. Not a spoon-feeding section but some tips and tricks, where to start, what to do or not, etc.

I need a password for user 'kymi'. And some spare time.
            There was a time when I would have been very interested, but sadly I am too busy these days. You are quite right there are a lot of people who are smart enough to learn but do not have enough knowledge of the disassembly aspect, or even know where to find the knowledge, in order to get started with learning (this was my hurdle). If you have time one day to share your knowledge I am sure it will be appreciated
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I wish I had more time to delve into this too. I have too many projects on the go already to delve in atm
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

There was a time when I would have been very interested, but sadly I am too busy these days. You are quite right there are a lot of people who are smart enough to learn but do not have enough knowledge of the disassembly aspect, or even know where to find the knowledge, in order to get started with learning (this was my hurdle). If you have time one day to share your knowledge I am sure it will be appreciated
                Thanks, nice words. I still own my RS2, but it's not in driveable/legal condition at the moment (needs a little bits and pieces before mandatory mot). I really miss the feel of the car, but at the moment I have other things with higher priority. Feeling sad, but that's how life goes.

Also I didn't find it nice approach when prj released this stuff, it almost immediately had public projects not compliant with the license terms. If the community feels that you're free to steal from individuals that contribute in a project, then feel free to do it yourself.

Comment

I agree there are some people who like to rip off other peoples work and claim it as their own, but I am not one of these guys. I like to work stuff out for myself. Indeed there are people out there selling Dmitris work as their own. Of course he knew this would happen when he released his work, but the platform is of no significant commercial interest now so..... anyway I hope you have time to get your RS back running again some day. I have the same problem with my own car
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Kiwilie

Comment

Working...
                    X