Boost control PID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost control PID

i was looking through the damos and according to it what is labeled in the XDF is wrong about the which is P, I, and D. screen grabs are below of the correct mapping for P, I and D. now this is unless PRJ made changes to the operating code to simply tuning the boost chip. figured i'd share this info because its rather important for some users out there running off the wall boost control solenoids. i will start with screen grabs of the mapping in this post and i will post the function sheet information about the actual PID control in another post and if the PID stuff is multiple pages i will make one post P, the next I and the last D. Please read the photo descriptions.

Also if anyone of our german speaking gentleman here would like to make an english version for us who cant read german that would be great as well. Google translate makes all of this stuff really hard to read and understand.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by vwnut8392; 15 March 2018, 09:04.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

PID function overview
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

P function

Comment

I function

Comment

D function

Comment

Almost forgot these 3 as well about the PID mapping.
            This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

also forgot to mention about the equations. what it says in the function sheet is normally the opposite. example below.
              Im using the I term as my example.

What is labeled for the cell equation
              Code:
              Wert [Hex] = 20.00  * Wert

What actually works in tuner pro
              Code:
              Wert [Hex] = 20.00  / Wert or X/20
              Normally if it says to multiply you divide and if it says to divide you multiply. pretty sure the same goes for addition and subtraction too.

Comment

There was a problem when setting up the car on k26 / 27. Boost is like a "saw". Tried setting P, I, D to 0 to use fixed DC for n75, but actual DC doesn't match Req DC for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                X