Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android dash and data logger for M2.3.2!! (UR Logger)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android dash and data logger for M2.3.2!! (UR Logger)

Well me and my friend have been working on this project decided to let the cat out of the bag. We have been working on an android app that interfaces with the high speed logging giving the ability to have a digital dash and data log to your android device. It will log and display all the same variables found in winlog or tuner pro logging. The file format for logging is a CSV file and it is 100% compatible with winlog viewer! all you have to do is transfer CSV file to your PC and open it in winlog viewer just like you would a winlog file, easy is can be! For now the ECU has to be connected to the android device with a USB to microUSB converter using the generic VAG KKL cables. This app will be on the play store so it is an official approved app.

Features
    -supports both metric and imperial units of measure so its friendly with all users no matter where you are.
    -supports input of zeitronix ZT-2 & ZT-3 wideband controllers input the same way as done with logging in tuner pro RT Through the analog input in the ECU.
    -Configurable gauges that the sizes and what is displayed on the gauges.
    -Support for Bosch 250kpa, Bosch 300kpa, Motorola MPXH6300A, and Motorola MPXH6400A MAP sensors. pick your sensor in the settings and the app will calibrate itself for that sensor.
    -More to come in time as we work on developing it.

Future ideas
    -Find a bluetooth module like ELM327 that is compatible with the high speed logging.
    -Develop a mod for generic VAG KKL cable to convert it to bluetooth.
    -Apple IOS version of the app for iphone and ipad users.
    -Add a way to review data logging in the app directly.
    -Access normal VAG diagnostics for review and clearing of fault codes.

These screen grabs are of the first original beta version. they will give you an idea of what to look forward to. Hope you guys like this project and will find it useful once we get all the bugs ironed out and release it!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven’t made a start on using the work being posted here by pro, yourself and others yet. What is the app name on the app stores?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven’t made a start on using the work being posted here by pro, yourself and others yet. What is the app name on the app stores?
      its called UR Logger. its not live on the play store yet but it is there for certain developers/testers to have access to the updates at the moment. i will post here when it goes live officially. we're still working on ironing out bugs and features like it will have the option to make the app into a shift light so when it gets near the your desired RPM the screen will light up yellow, red, blue or whatever color you choose. another feature i just thought of over night last night will be a HUD (heads up display) mode where the screen gets mirrored on to the cars windshield if you set it on the dash of the car. should be interesting.

Comment

Doing some quick testing on another beta version and took a video.

Comment

If this logger work correct you still have ECU reset. I saw few unusual change of parameters like on my ECU before. Take a look again of all AN's I/O if this strange values is not from this logger.
          I did not get to try this logger, somehow I do not feel good in the role of only a tester/de****** without the possibility of desired changes. That's why I did not even test it. I use Winlog and it works without any comments.

Comment

Where is the source code of this logger located? prjmod is GPL.

Any derivative works or tools using this information MUST be licensed under GPLv3, this also applies to third party applications using the fast diag datastream.
            As a warning - if this goes live on play store without the sourcecode being published I will have a DMCA sent.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Don't put on GooglePlay, make like others like "Videoder"
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                Where is the source code of this logger located? prjmod is GPL.

As a warning - if this goes live on play store without the sourcecode being published I will have a DMCA sent.
                its not live on google play so there's no point on wasting your time. you can search it on there till your hearts content and will not find it. myself and a few select few people are the only ones with beta copies of it for testing, nothing more. Besides, it will be a free tool for everyone to use anyway. not looking for profits, looking to make the project better because it has the potential be as powerful and functional as an ECMlink ECU for DSM or hondata ECU for honda's. its the first time in history that a VAG ECU has ever had this much flexibility and function.

Comment

I don't care if it's free or not free.
                  You are creating software based on information licensed to you under the GPL. So you must legally make the source code of your software available upon request and hereby I am requesting you to make said source code available to me.

Either post a public repository or share the source code through other means.
                  If you screw me on my license after releasing years of work for free this is the very last conversation we are having.

Comment

you know what, screw it. i give up, you win PRJ. im done. its pretty obvious no one has any respect or admiration for what i have contributed or planned on contributing. i'll just keep this app for my personal use. its pretty pointless for me to try and do anything more because every time i do something you or one of the other guys here take a big **** on my efforts. the headaches and BS you guys cause me isnt worth it. if anyone wants an app just make it yourself since you guys already know everything there is to know about programming everything on the planet. peace, im out.

Comment

Accept the rules or create an own datalog which isn’t based on the prjmod.

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post
                        Accept the rules or create an own datalog which isn’t based on the prjmod.
                        why dont you develop an app for it than?

Comment

If you are creating something based on prjmod (be it code or information), anyone you distribute the binaries to you must make the source code available free of charge.
                          This is the nature of the GPL. If you don't like the terms outlined in the GPL, do not use my software.

If you do not comply with the GPL you are in violation. Technically I could sue you for that - but I don't have time and sending a DMCA notice will take care of any distribution promptly.
                          I don't see the reason for the drama - post the source code for your application and distribute it as much as you like, no one is stopping you. Or don't post the sourcecode and use it yourself only.

Until this happens, this thread will be locked.

Comment

Working...
                          X