Moates.net & latch adapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moates.net & latch adapers

just stopping by to let everyone here know that i have been talking with dave at moates.net and they will soon be offering assembled latch adapter boards to replace the 87c257 with more common 27c256, 27SF512 or use moates ostrich emulators on boost board. They also will be adding support to the moates burn1 and burn2 chip burners for the 87c257 chips as well. so all you will need is a cheap ebay UV eraser for your 87c257 if you want to be able to burn yours. the moates burner supports the SST 27SF512 already and its the cheapest bang for the buck chip burner on the market. enjoy!
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Hello,
    i´m very new in this thing.
    soryy for my terrible english

i want to run my motronic on my S2 Avant with serious hardware changes.
    Stoker Cnc head big turbo ...
    i will learn to map the ecu, i already followed the steps on M232 . i have not bought any hardware yet.

i got some questions about the whole thing.

for what i use the 2x2 ? Datalogging?

to map the eproms I need the emulators like the ostrich for the 87c they will offer a adapter soon so i dont need the OLS300 ?

I need a emulator for both Eproms right?
    one tuner pro instance for every emulator or how does it work not sure about it.

in the m232 files opened with tuner pro shows the "map or data " of the 27C and 87C correct?
    can I run them on my ecu with the emulators ?

when i have changed everything i need how to burn the chips? with a chip burner i know but how to get the map on it ?

Can you give me some simple beginner instructions ?
    That i get an overview how complex the whole thing is.

best regards Patrick

Comment

Very good to know VWNUT.

I use an adapter called „boost button“ to run the Ostrich on the boost/knock board. I don‘t think its available anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
        Very good to know VWNUT.
        Indeed. Thanks for keeping the self-tune content alive. Due to the complexity and/or my laziness, I've just about thrown in the towel (at least for the time being), but I'm glad you and others are still pushing along and sharing with the community.

Cheers,
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
          Very good to know VWNUT.

I use an adapter called „boost button“ to run the Ostrich on the boost/knock board. I don‘t think its available anymore.
          yes boost button no longer makes them. you can order the PCB's still from osh park and make your own still.

Comment

Originally posted by M0KK4 View Post
            Hello,
            i´m very new in this thing.
            soryy for my terrible english

i want to run my motronic on my S2 Avant with serious hardware changes.
            Stoker Cnc head big turbo ...
            i will learn to map the ecu, i already followed the steps on M232 . i have not bought any hardware yet.

i got some questions about the whole thing.

for what i use the 2x2 ? Datalogging?

to map the eproms I need the emulators like the ostrich for the 87c they will offer a adapter soon so i dont need the OLS300 ?

I need a emulator for both Eproms right?
            one tuner pro instance for every emulator or how does it work not sure about it.

in the m232 files opened with tuner pro shows the "map or data " of the 27C and 87C correct?
            can I run them on my ecu with the emulators ?

when i have changed everything i need how to burn the chips? with a chip burner i know but how to get the map on it ?

Can you give me some simple beginner instructions ?
            That i get an overview how complex the whole thing is.

best regards Patrick
            logging is done through the 2x2 data port with either a cheap blue VAG 401 cable or a clear BMW INPA cable off of ebay. they both work fine as i have tested both.

you dont need emulator for both eproms necessarily. i just run the stock PRJmod boost chip when im configuring the motor chip that way boost isnt really aggressive. once i finish the motor chip than i proceed to the boost chip mapping.

as long as your running tuner pro with the M2.3.2 checksum plugin made by PRJ along with the matching definition you can open both motor and boost chips using the one definition.

yes you should put all your final mapping on chips. you will need a chip burner and a UV eprom eraser to erase your factory chips and install your new tuning on to them. the chip burner must support 87c257 chips as well. i have put in a request with moates.net to add 87c257 support to their burner but it has not happened yet.

honestly this isnt really a beginner task to tackle. no ECU tuning is. it take a lot of time and dedication to learn how everything works so you can map a car properly. if you dont know how than your best thing to do is pay a tuner to setup the car for you that has the knowledge if you value you engine because in all honestly you can blow up your engine pretty quick if you adjust something wrong in the ECU. this not only goes for this but with any ECU, even standalone fuel management systems. i've seen more fails than successes with new people venturing into this so far sadly. i personally took the gamble years ago when attempting to learn this stuff and i did destroy a few perfectly good engines but they where stock 20v's. i would never attempt to learn on one that has lots of money and heavy modifications done to it. so my suggestion to you if your willing to put the time and effort in to learn this is to just get yourself a stock URS4 or URS6 and see where tuning it takes you. even a stock car has a lot of room to improve as they can run a lot higher boost than stock among a lot of other things that will wake the car up. if you blow it up oh well, it was a stock engine and not the one you put 3000+ USD into with performance parts scattered. hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post

yes boost button no longer makes them. you can order the PCB's still from osh park and make your own still.
              http://cobrartp.ru/store/Boost-brd-p117832391

Comment

Emulator
                http://cobrartp.ru/store/

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                  just stopping by to let everyone here know that i have been talking with dave at moates.net and they will soon be offering assembled latch adapter boards to replace the 87c257 with more common 27c256, 27SF512 or use moates ostrich emulators on boost board. They also will be adding support to the moates burn1 and burn2 chip burners for the 87c257 chips as well. so all you will need is a cheap ebay UV eraser for your 87c257 if you want to be able to burn yours. the moates burner supports the SST 27SF512 already and its the cheapest bang for the buck chip burner on the market. enjoy!
                  Hey!
                  We officially represent the company of the CobraRTP team. And if you are still interested in this topic, then we have everything you need to implement your ideas.
                  Read more: http://cobrartp.ru/

Comment

Working...
                  X