Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spark cut launch control and rev limiter for 3B!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark cut launch control and rev limiter for 3B!

I decdied to share my latest creation here since it looks like the forum died since i stopped posting a few months back. I finally got a 200 20v turbo to do some testing and work with to develop some of this stuff for the 3B owners. I always felt bad because you guys where left out when it came to all of the M232 developments. i spent the past week working on a patcher tuner pro XDF that will enable a spark cut launch control and rev limiter. This has been tested on my 200 20V and is functioning perfectly for the most part. i developed this on the stock 447 907 404 A motor chip file. It may work on other motor chip files as well so if you try it on something other than the ECU part number i mentioned and it works please report back here so i can add that version motor chip to the support list. I put a table in the XDF so you can check your motor chip software number.

This is a DIY setup meaning DO IT YOURSELF! If you dont have the knowledge, skills or tools to this please DO NOT attempt it. Now, to make this all work 100% right you have to add a clutch switch input to your ECU. you will use a stock black cruise control clutch switch. What needs to be done is you have to locate ECU pin 38 in your engine harness and cut the wire with some length after your ECU connector. you cannot just splice into this wire because it is tied to ground in the harness somewhere so launch control will never activate if you do it that way, the wire has to be cut! this is how my 200 20V was, an S2 or european market 200 20v may be different. on my 200 20V the wire is gray/white, your car may be a different color. Once you have the wire cut tie a long length of wire from there that will reach across the car to your clutch pedal. Now you have to either cut the plug off the original cruise control harness from the switch or source a spare one from another parts car. wire one side of the plug to the wire from the ECU that you just ran, wire the other side to somewhere under the dash that is a solid chassis ground. How it works is when the clutch pedal is up ECU pin 38 is grounded, when you press the clutch down the circuit will be open meaning no ground or power there. that is the only modification needed to use this beta version.

How it works is when you have your clutch pressed in and your pressing the gas down above 90% the spark angle and the coil dwell time are forced to value that you specify in the XDF. When the clutch is up launch control will deactivate regardless of how far the throttle is pressed down. If your one of those people who rest your foot on the clutch pedal you have have to adjust your switch to compensate. The current configuration is a base that should not interfere with daily driving. The issue with this ECU compared to the AAN is that the AAN has a wheel speed input where as the 3B does not. PRJ wrote the AAN launch control to disable with wheel speed, we dont have this luxury with a 3B ECU so we have to cope with it in other ways . I may work on something eventually using an analog input for a wheel speed signal in another version because the launch control doesnt care how fast the car is going, it only cares if the car moved or not. lastly the defaults i have there worked well for me to start. The XDF will correct your motor chip checkum as well.

Now its disclaimer time! This is a hard spark cut to start, it can and will cause damage to your engine, turbocharger, and even your exhaust system if used excessively. You must have no catalytic converter and free flowing exhaust meaning no chambered mufflers for this to not destroy your exhaust. The backfiring and banging can be very very loud which people will mistake for gun fire, its happened to me twice already during testing. So what you do with this isnt my problem. If you get attention from law enforcement or get in trouble that is also not my problem. If you destroy your engine or anything attached to it that is not my problem. This is a beta and is meant for offroad use only. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! DONT COME BLAMING ME IF YOU BREAK SOMETHING OR GET FINED FOR USING THIS ON PUBLIC STREETS.

So have fun people and please report back your results with this! videos are best to me! If you have any input, revisions or revision ideas please share. I put this up here to help and see the old 20VT community grow, not be greedy and keep secrets.

The Link is to the XDF in my google drive!

Update to Version 1.01.
    -Fixed checksum address problem.
    -Code has been moved to another address to make room for logging code patch to be added later.

Last edited by vwnut8392; 27 November 2018, 03:35.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Video of testing the launch control in the 200 20v. set launch RPM at 4000. this is a bone stock 200 20V with the exhaust taken off lol.

Comment

I tested the mod today, on a s2 3b. The funktion are great.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Matzerm1 View Post
        I tested the mod today, on a s2 3b. The funktion are great.

Thanks
        your welcome!

Comment

Good job
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
            Good job
            Thank you PRJ.

Comment

To those who have used this please download this version and update your patch. i had the checksum address wrong in V1.00 and i moved the code to a new spot to make room for when the logging code patch is ready to be released. V1.00 has been removed from the first post as well and replaced with this link.

Comment

Working...
              X