No announcement yet.

3B High speed data logging help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didnt see a need to for the measuring blocks in the 3B ECU being useful. i figured it was enough to be able to access the stock KWP1281 protocol not running to check and clear faults. the 3B is pretty crude and lacking any inportant information when compared to the AAN and its measuring blocks.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Would be nice to have the DTC delete in TunerPro.

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post
        Would be nice to have the DTC delete in TunerPro.
        thought about that also but reading the faults in the ECU in tuner pro is an issue. i dont think thats possible. i have a registered version of VCDS lite to check faults so i dont have to swap cables though.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
          the TPS 100% was done to totally disable highspeed logging for the duration of time that it is running. Meaning you can start the engine and use normal measuring blocks and normal diags functionality.
          No idea on 3B, but AAN samples ADC just fine with only ign on.
          It works now. Maybe something was wrong with the wiring, so that the TPS reading was jumping or so. If I clamp the idle switch and TPS wire to +12V it definitely works with deactivating the data stream.

I have a simple engine simulation working on the bench (with RPM, G40, G.. simulation).
          But I don't like Winlog at all. Need to write a better frontend for that data stream.

Please see the captured traffic from the bench setup. I know that it is the output of the boost-knock chip followed by the output of the fuel-ign cpu.

How is the flow control thought to be for the receiver side? Is 0xAA, 0xBB always a constant here?
          If yes, the receiver could look for that as start sign, then count the bytes for the main output and the bytes for the next bost chip output.

Best Regards

Daniel
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post

It works now. Maybe something was wrong with the wiring, so that the TPS reading was jumping or so. If I clamp the idle switch and TPS wire to +12V it definitely works with deactivating the data stream.

I have a simple engine simulation working on the bench (with RPM, G40, G.. simulation).
            But I don't like Winlog at all. Need to write a better frontend for that data stream.

Please see the captured traffic from the bench setup. I know that it is the output of the boost-knock chip followed by the output of the fuel-ign cpu.

How is the flow control thought to be for the receiver side? Is 0xAA, 0xBB always a constant here?
            If yes, the receiver could look for that as start sign, then count the bytes for the main output and the bytes for the next bost chip output.

Best Regards

Daniel
            yes 0xAA 0xBB is always there. thats how i got tuner pro RT logging to work, it watches for 0xAA 0xBB and once it sees that it start showing the live stream of data.

Comment

Hey VWnut, do yo have some screenshots of the Frontend with tuner pro?

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                Hey VWnut, do yo have some screenshots of the Frontend with tuner pro?
                this is the dash that i made for tuner pro RT. you can make the dash however you want it to be, its fully configurable.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks. The dashboard looks good. But I'm more interrested in charts to trace and compare what happened. Does Tuner pro have that?

My second question is, which sample-rate can I reach with the fastlog? At the moment I have a "rate" of 13 (only ign on) and 6-7 in idle. Seems a bit too less in my view (if rate means Hz and updates per second)

Best Regards

Comment

Use the XDL from prj to get in into TunerPro.
                    I have 50-80Hz with my routine at 187.5 kbp.

Comment

If you go any faster the boost chip will reset. Fuel chip can easily do 100hz.
                      To do it faster the boost chip implementation needs to be rewritten to use the main loop instead of vectoring to an interrupt for every single byte sent.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

ok. but 100Hz is a bit overkill or not? :-)

What does the rate in winlog mean? I assume Hz and frames per second. What can I expect here? I feel my rate 14 down to 6-8 is not correct..

Best Regards

Comment

It is correct, actually with that rate if you rev over 7500 the ecu will already reset sometimes with fast logging active
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Even 50 Hz is overkill. 10-20 Hz would be enough. Smaller lot files and "smoother" output.

Comment

On the logging i noticed that a few cars i have put it on seem to have glitches or spikes when logging. my brothers new URS6 does this random spiking in the logging. i tried a different ECU from my spare URS6 that runs logging smoothly and his car still spikes, i put his ECU in my spare car and logging runs smoothly. that rules out an ECU problem. i think his car has a small short in it the K-line somewhere that i cannot locate. anyone ever notice this?

Comment

In TunerPro are a lot of bugs with the monitor view...

Comment

Working...
                                X