ECU seems to crash at 7500RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU seems to crash at 7500RPM

been trying to sort this one out. my one car refuses to rev above 7500RPM. when i get to 7500 the logging stops and crashes as well and the car seems to shut off. trying to achieve 8000RPM. has anyone ever seen this before? thinking about disabling the logging output to give the ECU back some of its processor usage to see if that fixes the problem since PRJ did mention that the logging output does put a toll on the processors at high RPM.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

The problem is with logging implementation in boost/knock chip. Fuel/ign has a good implementation, no issues there.
    Boost/knock needs similar logic of offloading that stuff into non-critical subroutines. Right now it's done in RI_TI interrupt on the fly and that's too expensive, so after 7400 rpm you can have problems.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
      The problem is with logging implementation in boost/knock chip. Fuel/ign has a good implementation, no issues there.
      Boost/knock needs similar logic of offloading that stuff into non-critical subroutines. Right now it's done in RI_TI interrupt on the fly and that's too expensive, so after 7400 rpm you can have problems.
      thanks for the input PRJ. i shut the logging off a second time and tried for 8000RPM and it did it. the car has 8lb billet aluminum flywheel so it revs up and down fast plus with trying to watch road i was missing seeing it go to 8000RPM on the dash when logging was off the first time. too many long nights and very little sleep when working on this car. i really need to stop doing that to myself.
      "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Working...
      X