rear camera pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear camera pics

I would post these in the gallery, but it doesn't seem to want to play ball at the moment.

Anyway thought you might like to see the rear camera system working in the car.

system integrates a distance signal as well

nice view

Comment

all ya need on that pic is a rice burner being left behind
      1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
      1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
      1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
      oh and a polo for work.

Comment

what does the cam look like from outside? .. does it weigh much for install?

Comment

Bloody hell, it is like you have read my mind, that is exactly what I want to do, and that is the head unit I want to do it with. Haha.

http://forum.funk-hq.com | http://www.no-rice.com
          twolitreturbooctaviavrs - '07 Skoda Octavia vRS - E.R.V.
          It might not be a 5 pot or an S2... but at least I have a 20v Turbo in my life again.

Comment

heres the camera

Comment

Thats very neat install, i've always wondered where you could put such a thing.

What head unit is that? looks Alpine-ish?

Comment

Looks like an Alpine IVA-D310R. Cool bit of kit, but expensive.

Incidently, I have seen someone install the camera in the hole for the key barrel on an Evo 8, that looked very tidy indeed.

http://forum.funk-hq.com | http://www.no-rice.com
                twolitreturbooctaviavrs - '07 Skoda Octavia vRS - E.R.V.
                It might not be a 5 pot or an S2... but at least I have a 20v Turbo in my life again.

Comment

The same place also does flush mount camera's and I was think just this morning when I took the pics that a camera in place of the lock barrel would look neat, the question is whether you would one that looks straight back or back and down.

Anyway if you are interested the camera, parking sensors and signal integration box came in at around £150, the same place also sells a rear view mirror with integrated LCD display which would be a cheaper option than the Alpine D310R

Camera's and stuff can be found here , the alpine head unit, hideaway box but NOT the Sat Nav, supplied and installed was arounf £800.

The actual camara probably weighs only 3/4 ounces so no real weight penalty
                  Last edited by Markarina; 10 May 2006, 12:44. Reason: added camera weight

Comment

But why? Do you imply that you can't parallel park. 99 out of a 100 times it's another muppet that can't park and damages your car.
                    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                    High Octane website

Comment

Simple ..... sometimes the wife borrows my car, and we all know women can't park

on the plus side when she borrows my car then I get to driver Porsche

Comment

I truely hope that porsche has a camera aswell then
                        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                        High Octane website

Comment

Anybody has it installed on B4 Avant with RS2 bumper and taillights ? Or parking sensors ? If you could post photos and your opinion about performance that would be great !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X