Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Amp wiring?? advice??

Hi,
    I am finally getting round to installing an amp. Does anyone know where the best place is to take the Amp power cable fron the engine compartment into the car? Is there any holes/rubber spaced anywhere? he space around the battery looks very tight. . Audio 80 4 cylinder uk model.

Thanks..

hello across the pond, i had a 1990 80 sport and there is a little rubber hole just down from the side of the bat, it leads through to the glove box back.
    Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon
      hello across the pond, i had a 1990 80 sport and there is a little rubber hole just down from the side of the bat, it leads through to the glove box back.

yup, spot on - its quite easy so long as there isn't AC to get in the way under there.
      I would reccommend using one of these LINK. It's a locking sealing grommet to ensure the hole doesn't create a leak.

Comment

It's a locking sealing grommet to ensure the hole doesn't create a leak.
        Ah british weather, the BEST!!! yeah i used a bottle bung, the ones that go in wine bottles and a little tape,
        Chef

Comment

wine bottle bung........... tape.............. who are you - McGyver???

Got to say - those grommet things are ace - used them in my last 4 or 5 cars and never had a leak problem - especially if you use a hole cutter to make the hole in the steelwork the perfect size.

Just stabbing a hole in an existing blanking rubber is asking for trouble.

Comment

Thanks Gents,
            Will give this a try.. hopefully all goes well.!!

Comment

and dont forget to run the power down the left and the rest on the right so u dont get interference.
              1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
              1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
              1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
              oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Originally posted by AUDI9020V
                and dont forget to run the power down the left and the rest on the right so u dont get interference.

Easy when you have an ABY

You can run the RCA's through the middle by the transmission tunnel, thank Alistair C for that one :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
                X