What head unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What head unit?

I have just sold my pioneer motorsied head unit and in a while when finances are back up to strength i will be looking for a new one. Whats the cheapest unit i can buy which is ipod compatable? Basically i just want to plug my ipod into my head unit but im not sure if u have to pay out hundreds and hundreds to have one. Thanks
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=4818

£130.

Not used the unit but JVC head units aren't bad from experience.
    acidtrax

Comment

I got fed up with having to connect my Ipod (or similar) to my car stereo each time - so I've got a car stereo that takes a portable hard drive. I now have my entire music collection (over 40GB) in my car all the time. The sound probably won't be good enough for some - although I've no complaints - but for convenience I find it great - no more messing with CDs.
      I'm pleased with it

Comment

I use SD memory cards (not the cheapest option I know), my Blaupunkt DAB54 takes up to a 1gb card, which is enough for 10 albums or so. Useful when I've taken the CD player out of the chassis 'cos it keeps trying to eject cds that aren't there...

Not getting a Blaupunkt again...
        Nothing feels fast for long...
        sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Bought an Alpine 9853R with ipod interface off the bay for an absolute bargain recently. However, the saving i made on it will now have to go towards the college course i need to enrol on to work out how to use the damn thing . Looks good though .
          Last edited by RustyNut; 20 June 2006, 14:20.
          Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

got the same one its mint once you get the hang of using the settings on it.i had a dab52 before and that was good but it started to melt cd and mmc cards.
            1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
            1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
            1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
            oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Originally posted by pjeast73
              I got fed up with having to connect my Ipod (or similar) to my car stereo each time - so I've got a car stereo that takes a portable hard drive. I now have my entire music collection (over 40GB) in my car all the time. The sound probably won't be good enough for some - although I've no complaints - but for convenience I find it great - no more messing with CDs.
              I'm pleased with it
              Details ? As I would love to do the same and the phatbox options are limited
              Alastair
              RS2

Comment

I got it off ebay (shipped form Hong Kong) as I searched and couldn't find anything else similar. It takes a laptop hard drive (I have a 80GB on in mine) that connects to the PC and slides into the car stereo where a CD would normally go (obviously a bigger hole) through a adapter case. It needs a screen so that you can navigate to the music folders - (also plays video and photos too). Think it plays most types of music file - I'm not 100% sure though as all mine are MP3 format, but think it does.
                Both the face and the hard drive are removable for security.
                I find it great - I have all my music collection always with me without having to plug things in and mess around.
                If you want more detials let me know and I'll show the one I have - although just had a look and there isn't one on ebay at the moment.
                Works for me - although I'm sure it's not to everyone's taste

Comment

Working...
                X