Interfearance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfearance!

I get the police radio intefering with my radio station! no only joking, that would be class

but i do get the nasty noise of engine whistling (whistles towards rev range) when my radio (or cd or anything) is on and im sick of brainless idiots saying "ooooh i hear that turbo.. nice"

is there a device i can add to stop this interfearance?
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Yeah u just need an interefence suppressor which is just a capacitor. You can get them for a couple of quid in halfords and such like
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

from which speakers? if they are powered from an external amp, it is probably the amp / connections rather than the HU.

Cheap amps are particularly poor at rejecting noise, but however good the components are, poor wiring will make any system whine/ buzz.

The most common source is a poor earth but there are loads more....
      tell us what you have and where the whining is coming from & may be able to help more......

......IMHO noise filter boxes are complete ****

Comment

well, i got a panasonic mp3 player which was £300 a year ago (almost), i got sony 56x4 or something as primary amp, then i got some other amp i cannot remember, and all quality speakers (sony/pioneer).

the cabling was here already and looks... dodgy.. but not ?

looks like good job but cheap materials tbh (cabling) .. i guess i need system re-wiring?
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

ohh and the sound appears to be coming out of the rear now i think about it.. but i will definely check again as i know what im looking for now...
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X