ISO adapter confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO adapter confusion

I'm seriously confused, my car, an RS2 has an OEM single CD player badged 'Gamma'. It's pretty useless so I want to replace it with a Sony MP3 Cd player I already have with standard ISO connectors.
    So I went out and bought a harness adapter for an Audi 80 from Halfrauds without removing the head unit first (shoot me now). On removing the 'Gamma' (a panasonic manufactured unit) I found the normal brown and black plugs. As well as this was a spade terminal for earth and a red plug (larger than the brown or black, lots of wires) with connections to the on board computer and some other stuff I don't understand.
    Has anyone else seen this harness or have any idea where I could get a harness adapter for it?

I tried plugging in the Sony and not bothering with the red plug but it remained powered on all the time and only delivered sound to the front speakers. On examining the brown speaker plug on the car's harness it became obvious that this plug only has connections for the 2 front speakers. The rear's must be connected via the red plug.

Needless to say this is driving me insane.
Working...
X