Rear speaker Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speaker Q

Ive had/got huge heavy speakers in my normal shelf for over 4 - 5 years now and its only recently the hindges gave way. quite impressive as i expected them to cave in a lot sooner.

Yes Jamo im still looking for a new shelf to destroy
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

You can fit 6x9's in the rear quarters, I've got them with only very minor mods. You don't get the propper sound as the grills are only half the size of the speakers.

My advice is to build a shelf - which I am undertaking this weekend. I will post a how to when it's finished.

Comment

Rear speaker Q

Hi,
      these rear speakers look a funny shape
      Before the back of the car gets pulled to bits to see whats there,
      can a set of 6x9's be fitted easy enough. If so can anyone tell me the best way
      to do it.
      Many Thanks
      Teen.

p.s, dont really want to put them in parcel shelf.

Comment

There is no room for a 6x9 in the sidewall, You might have room for a bigger speaker, but it means rebuilding the original mountings, i mounted 4,5" Focal Utopia and used the original mount very easy, but if you want some more punch from the rear You must go bigger than that.

Vegard

Comment

slap some in ur back shelf i guess.
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

About cutting in the shelf You must know that there is an Metallic reinforcment in the shelf, so cutting cant be done with a knife or any hand-tool that cant cut metal.

Vegard

Comment

keep the original shelf and make another out of mdf and cover it with sound cloth or whatever the correct name is.

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067
                keep the original shelf and make another out of mdf and cover it with sound cloth or whatever the correct name is.

Iain
                Thanks All.
                looks like this will be my easiest option.
                Have done it before in a previous car, a woodyard cut out the shape
                of shelf

Comment

Originally posted by Technogym
                  There is no room for a 6x9 in the sidewall, You might have room for a bigger speaker, but it means rebuilding the original mountings, i mounted 4,5" Focal Utopia and used the original mount very easy, but if you want some more punch from the rear You must go bigger than that.

Vegard
                  *Ahem* beg to differ, i have 6x9 in my car in the rear sidewall

Mind you, i do have a custom fibreglass install ( thanks Alistair C )

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                    *Ahem* beg to differ, i have 6x9 in my car in the rear sidewall

Mind you, i do have a custom fibreglass install ( thanks Alistair C )
                    :mischeif: have you pic of it

Comment

Working...
                    X