fitted this Baby Yesterday......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitted this Baby Yesterday......

It moves up and down and the buttons go in and out...........
    Anybody selling a JVC multi changer?
    Attached Files

Nicnac,

this is a chameleon isntit, I always wanted this one. I have a clarion instead now. But jvc is the most spectacular one ever. Cheers. In germany the changer is quite cheap.

Gabor
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

i have a chameleon mp3 its ***** worst 250 i ever spent
      skint but fast

Comment

I don't like MP3s - MP3s are ****. They're the audio equivalent of, well, I don't know, something ******.

They sound all aliassy (that wierd high pitch distortion you get with compressed digital audio: the treble is invariably splashy, the mid-range is usually muddy, the bass flabby and the dynamic range compression is foul.

I don't know why you would willingly install a system that is technically inferior to CD, or even tape. Good old Compact Cassette can sound better than MP3 if done properly!

Just my view! Mind you, a car is not the ideal place for optimum audio replay - all that background noise, hideous reflection and sound hole problems, speakers all in different, and usually bad, places, poor components, dodgy power supply, electrical and mechanical interference etc etc etc. Probably MP3 is good enough for cars !
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Looks like we have an Audio Snob.

Ive got a Pioneer CD headunit that does MP3's aswell. As long as the mp3's are recorded above 192Kbps the audio quality is good enough for the car.

Some songs dont reproduce well though.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

If your amp and speakers are sophisticated enough, you MUST hear that MP3 is somewhat inferior to CD. Many people dont get disturbed about this nuances but I personally do. Of course the advantages of MP3 compressed music quantity are undeniable.
            Clarion 928 Focal utopia W2 Audison LRX625 DLS capacitor 1F Phoenix Gold Sub all these contributed to my divorce when my wife noticed that last week we could put 5 packages of mineral water into the trunk and now its only two cause the sub became twice the size.

Gabor
            Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

I have the first chameleon there was - the KD-LX10R. It has simplier volume button like that on the right of yours. Also bigger screen but fewer features. I like that all blink-effects can be turned off. Don't really like the current tokyo-by-night fashion in head units.

JVC car tuners have always been crap and so is mine and I suppose also yours.

ps. I took the wake up signal from light buzzer so radio stays on until i take the keys out. Neat.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                Looks like we have an Audio Snob.

Ive got a Pioneer CD headunit that does MP3's aswell. As long as the mp3's are recorded above 192Kbps the audio quality is good enough for the car.

Some songs dont reproduce well though.

Greg
                Damn, rumbled ops:

>192kbps is pretty reasonable, you're right, it's strange that the "standard" MP3data rate for audio settled on 128, which does sound like toilets.

Of course, the audio on DVD-Video/DTS/Dolby Digital is all compressed too, but it's running at a much higher data rate...

Give me SACD anyday!

Gabor - I had a problem when I first got my S2 as I transferred the stereo system from my old 80Sport: the sub/CD/amp combination in the boot meant that it was possible to fit only 2 bags of shopping in. Needless to say my wife wasn't too impressed, so the sub somehow mysteriously shrank in size. Can now get, wait for it, 8 bags of shopping in the boot! Still not complete domestic bliss, but a fair compromise

Porkiss - my stereo is wired to allow it to be switched on even without the key in. Although if you open the door you get the "headlight on" buzzer, which is annoying!
                Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

i have mp3 player.. its coooll... best thing is.. music.. all music is free

bad thing about it is.. when u download mp3's from the web, they arnt always the right rate.. so when u get a disk with 100 songs, only 80 of them will play. This is not the case if u compress/convert them urself.

i now cant be bothered with the fuss, and .. once u burn 3 cds, and have around 400 mp3's on them, u run out of songs (to burn/add to collection) .. so i now just burn audio cd's (not mp3's).. which is pretty useless as the extra cash to play mp3's dont get used no more.

speaking of sound, my exhaust is.. hmm.. a tiny tiny bit louder (wearing out) and i enjoy the cool sound of engine/exhaust now so the radio goes off
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yes,

Dan, the compromissum you achieved would require a certain amount of inteligence from me, and I am not in posession of this I assume. Not taking into account the fine sense of women for any alteration in HIFI equipment ( including the change in speaker wires!!!!!!!)) , these days I when I live separated from my first wife and two kids (Ivan is 6 and half and Gabor jr is 3 and half) sometimes I am disturbed by the lack of space in the trunk-which means I am getting schisophrenic or what. However, should anyone suggest a small size bass box that gives a firm bottom end, I would swap the Phoenix Gold for the compact one. Right now, my first wife swapped me for her second husband. But I can keep the coupe Audi. She keeps the house and the other car. But the house is not a Quattro......

Gabor
                    Gabor

Comment

hey... you can sleep in your quattro, but u cant race your house!
                      ABY Coupe
                      sigpic

Comment

thats right. I dont complain neither. I insist on having only quattro Audis. My only aim is at this time to have my ecu done and thats it. And imagine having 20cm snow like we have sometimes and go around with 4wheel drive. no words describe that.

Gabor
                        Gabor

Comment

well guys i have to kick **** here
                          my car.........
                          i can get well over 15 bags of shopping in and a 12" sub with the seats up and 5 passingers:nana:
                          BUT YES I KNOW ITS NOT A S2

Comment

Working...
                          X