The more power the more rattle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more power the more rattle..

Ive kept the same setup for all my cars (keep same system when i sell my car) and in each car i have my amps n tube in (n other goodies) something different rattles like door pannels, boot, numberplate etc...

This time, when i sold my old audi and got new s2 and fitted my system, the only thing that rattles is the back bumper.

I belive there is some foam spray which seals and stop things from rattling.

Should i remove my bumper and use some kind of product or should i leave it till i am upgrading my bumpers? (adding kit)
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Got any pics for ur sound install? Where did u put the amp? What setup is it? Im getting bits together so i can start to fit it.
    Coupe

Comment

I wouldn't use a foam spray as it will never come off. Go to a decent motor factors or maybe someone such as Autopaints. They will sell thin foam strip with a peel off adhesive on one side. that will deal with the mounting areas. Other areas could be packed with dense grey foam. This is used for packing technical instruments etc. It can be carved to shape and comes in a large number of sizes. Try foam suppliers in the Yellow pages.

There are 2 x vents in the rear side panels which may be flapping in time with the bass pulses. It may be those. these vents open when driving along to expel stale air.

Good luck

Comment

I take it your asking for tips rather than to solve my rattle prob?

Well i got two ampts (sony's) screwed into back seat, a base tube (pioneer) in the back (the spare wheel makes it fit into place and not move about), and some 6 or 8 inch sonys on my shelf.

Dont know where earth goes into.. usual wiring to mp3 head unit.

No pics.
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Thanx insect! will give that a try
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X