No announcement yet.

Ice Up Front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Rockford Fosgate components in my car, tweeters in the dash (where the old speakers were), driver in the front doors.

Rear has tweeter and driver in door, but the driver is covered by an MDF plate covered in acoustic cloth.

Sub in boot (12" HX2), one four channel amp driving the doors, and one single channel driving the sub. Only reason I added speakers is because the previous owner cut the doors installing his, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. But looks nice and neat now

Comment

Oooh, I forgot, my doorbuild guide is sat in the sticky above Russ. Get the fibreglass out!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=morel
      acidtrax

Comment

Karlos mate, that's already my bible . The tools are waiting!
        All i need to get everything going (apart from the speakers) is a set of black Avant door cards, so if anyone knows of any (must have the wood or carbon inserts) then give me a shout.
        I'm not going to go over 7" for the drivers in the door and the pods will probably finish flush with the door bin. Trying to decide how to finish them too as i'll incorporate the door bin with the pod and recover them in the same material.
        Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by ctolladay
          This is the best advice I have ever seen on ICE on this forum. What a HUGE difference.

I bought some MBQuart 110s to up-grade my front speakers. After installing them I put the grills inplace before listening to them - BIG MISTAKE.

As is said above the sound that the grills muffle is astounding. Now I have removed them I get the full sound of these fantastic speakers. The high end is so much more defined and the low end has more umph.

I am now going to build some partial covers to tidy up the dash but this is fantastic advice which all should follow if you want decent sound up front.

CHEERS Skull!!! You have opened my ears.

next advice is, go to a ice installer shop, and they should make you custom grilles. i made my grilles at home from an 16cm rainbow grille. pics:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
          X