Rear Coupe Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Coupe Speakers

A while back i was asked which speakers i had fitted in the back of my coupe.

they are 5 1/4" components from Blaupunkt XL213. 11 but fitting replacement's is a bitch because the audi standards are a twist fit.

so some modifications had to be made to the speakers.

will dig out some photo's soon

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Found the pics now
    Attached Files
    Greg

Comment

no 2
      Attached Files
      Greg

Comment

To get the speaker to fit, i cover all holes and top of cone with maskin tape to stop burr's gettin into the speaker then filed the ears on the speaker so that i could make it a twist lock fittin into the harness.

The OE harness ears had to be bent up a little to make room for the deep edge on the new speakers.

Once fitted i applied some mastic around the edge of the speaker just to ensure it would stay put, but it was by no means loose on its own.

there are no worries with the speaker depth since the new ones are shallower without the silly plastic basket on back of old speakers.

The wiring is simple too. Connect the two input wires to crossover then 1 pair to tweeter other to woofer.

The OE speakers try and cofuse you with jumpers on them but all it is 2 input wires then a jumper and an output to OE tweeter. this was easily overcome however.

Greg
        Attached Files
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X