Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant Bass Bin.....

Here's one for the ICE experts. . .

My bro has just been kind enough to donate his Alpine MRP-M350 V-Power.
    Spec as follows:

"The SWD-2000 uses an MRP-M350 V-Power Class-D mono amp, and delivers powerful yet tight and accurate bass—and is an excellent easy-to-install upgrade solution for existing factory systems.

[Features SWD-2000]
    • Dimensions 350 x 300 x 198 mm
    • 350W Peak Power
    • Frequency Response: 50Hz-200Hz (-24dB/oct.)
    • 8" (20cm) Cone Woofer
    • LPF Control
    • GAIN Control
    • Speaker/RCA Input
    • Variable BASS EQ
    • 4V Input Ready

Easy Installation, Perfect for Car Cinema System

The SWD-2000 uses an MRP-M350 V-Power Class-D mono amplifier with 350W x 1 output to drive a 20cm cone woofer. The enclosure is rigid enough to eliminate unwanted resonances and the bass reflex design ensures tight, crisp bass with excellent sound quality. The deep bass effects in action movies will sound impressive through the SWD-2000."

My question is around location within the car. I am considering removing the spare wheel and putting this in the attic. It's never been out of the car and still has it's original unsed Dunlop SP-8000 tyre fitted. As a result, I would be loathe to use it at all and would prefer to call RAC in event of puncture.

So, having already removed the defunct UK dealer fitted CD changer, I wanted to ask the resident ICE experts - can I fit this sub/amp box to the underside of the spare wheel cover, just the as the old cd changer was mounted?

Clearly, this is cool as will not take up any boot space in the back. However, will it sound ok? will the cover vibrate and add extra noise? Has anyone tried this before?

Would appreciate any advice/feedback as I'm keen to fit this correctly 1st time around.

Cheers,
    RS2+ (now sold...)

Check your RAC contract, if your car comes with a spare wheel / tyre by standard and you removed it and you call them out they can charge you for the call-out or refuse to help. Same clause exists in the AA.

You'd need to sound deaden that area and I have a feeling the spare wheel cover would rattle.

Having never done it i dont know what the sound would be like in that space (infact i've never even looked in the spare wheel well!)

Comment

Originally posted by lgrees View Post
      can I fit this sub/amp box to the underside of the spare wheel cover, just the as the old cd changer was mounted?

I wouldn't recommend it. It wouldn't be solidly mounted and you'll likely cause the amp damage.
      acidtrax

Comment

Working...
      X