Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth your Old Skool Car Stereo!

Hi All,

I have recently suffered the failure of my DIN socket to RCA adaptor that allowed my phone to be plugged into my Kenwood Mask stereo. During my search for a replacement cable, I wondered if it was possible to add Bluetooth functionality to an early 2000's car stereo.

Well it turns out you can. I bought a DIN to Bluetooth adaptor from ebay, which arrived last week and was fitted in less than 30 minutes.

If anyone else is running an old skool stereo and would like have bluetooth - check it out!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-All-K...AAAOSwk8Jdtqry

Bluetooth adaptor.jpg

Cheers,

Steve
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

I'll pretend I didn't see the terminal strip.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
      I'll pretend I didn't see the terminal strip.
      There's loads of them in there, they have all been fine for the last 14 years.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Ive got a USB in front of mine. Wonder if a plug in Bluetooth dongle thing would do same job??

Comment

I have this connected to Alpine headunit. Theyre available starting from 5 pounds without brand/device specific connector and can be connected to basically any headunit depending on skills in electronics. Including classic Audi headunits if you can find right spot on circuitboard.

Comment

Yoiks! I can see some of them lurking inside the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
              Yoiks! I can see some of them lurking inside the console.
              Yep, the speaker wires were connected with them. I am a Mechie, not a Sparkie!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers for post will check it out. Ive got an old school headunit to refit but quite like having DAB and USB too. Not that i use the radio much in the S2
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

In the A8 I have this Yatour unit, connects to the CD changer of the Audi radio. All controls like if it is a CD changer from the ori radio. Does't get more OEM than that. normal version is an MP3 player, but comes with an optional BT unit. switches automatically to BT if my phone starts audio output. I use BT mainly for internet radio.

Comment

Yatour is unfortunately not compatible with audi delta cc. The only option is an aux output instead of a cd changer or fm transmitter.

https://www.adaptershop.de/AUX-Inter...cker::298.html
                    Last edited by igor136; 9 December 2020, 22:56.
                    1-2-4-5-3

Comment

if you wanna keep the original radio they can rebuild them
                      http://www.radio-piraten.com/Umgebaute-Radios/mobile/

Comment

I like that piraten radio mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X