Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double din + vents + clim + gauges = tight fit!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double din + vents + clim + gauges = tight fit!

Real squeeze, but I've lost my ash tray and squeezed everything in. What do you think?

Looks really nice, gonna do the single DIN flip up myself though, less pissing about.
    UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

That looks sweet, have you got any pictures of the headunit front on with some of the features it does?

IIRC thats a pioneer unit with the extra readouts for guages etc??

Comment

Very nice, congrats.
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Looks like a very tidy install, was it difficult to relocate everything down? is it a car PC or a straight stereo?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Wasn't too much of a ****** really - tricky bit was getting it to look good and honing dremel skills whilst telling yourself it's only cheap plastic parts common to all models!

It's a Pioneer Avic HD1BT - last years model, but a great bit of kit. 10 gig hard drive that contains all your navigation as well as all the music you'll ever need.

Might re-do the frame - it's currently covered in good quality vinyl, but if I could buy a second hand black leather door card it would match perfectly.

Nick

ps - is it normal for the oil pressure to read so high when the car's just been started cold and is ticking over? Not noticed it that high on start-up before, but I'm still pretty new to the car. Have noted it's this high when further up the rev range but it normally drops to mid-way when off the throttle, which is exactly what I'd expect.

Comment

when cold it should be around 5psi dropping down to just above 2psi when warm IIRC

Comment

Thanks Acidburn. In answer to your question about the units features - easier to point you here:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...1BT/index.html

Comment

~5 bar oil pressure when cold is pretty normal, as the oil is more viscose when cold.

It is a bit of a tight squeeze. Are you going to upgrade the steering wheel?
                  SS

Comment

That didn't take you long Nick, no hanging about there then
                    Hats off for a tidy looking job

Jas..
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Thanks for the link, having a look now.

Always liked pioneer stuff for good sounds and the ability to set it up easily.

Comment

Cheers Jas - honeymoon period with car, plus the Avic came up on ebay, so just got it done rather than thinking about it for too long. MB Quarts on their way from Germany - much cheaper in the States, but delivery and expected taxes made them about the same.

As for the sound of the Pioneer - only just got it in, but first impressions are much improved quality over my old Blaupunkt unit. I've got an amp, but seeing as this was plug and play I'll see if I'm happy with the sound as is without adding to my list of jobs.

Nick

Comment

I find with pioneer and standard speakers you don't really need to add an amp for the speakers. Could be worth uprating the standard speakers if need be, If you have the space and want an all round sound a sub would be good for filling an all round sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Could be worth uprating the standard speakers if need be
                            That's what the MB Quart's are for - RVF 210's and RVF 213's. Heard so many good things about them can't wait to actually hear them!

Comment

Is there a how-to for this? I just can't get my head around how that fits!
                              1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                              2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                              1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X