This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNS-E in Audi RS2

Finally the Navi project is underway In over my head?

This is what i bought:
    * RNS-E unit with GPS antenna
    * CAN-BUS simulator fra ebay.de http://cgi.ebay.de/CAN-BUS-Simulator...QQcmdZViewItem
    * Extra center console from the bay (in case I screw it completely up)
    * Dremel multitool
    * Epoxy glue
    * Carbon vinyl to cover up gaps etc in the end
    * Extra switches for adaption

Need:
    Plastic panel which is as wide as the console

Before:

The goal

New frame:

GALA signal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.03.08:Cut the console down with the dremel tool, and moved (and glued back together) the switchpanel down into the DIN area. Located GALA in the ISO plug.
    Last edited by Skaala; 7 March 2008, 20:52.
    2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience
    Protected movement - with quattro

Looking good, have you got a closer image of the new system and a spec of it?

Comment

nice job looks like it grew there
      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
      3. H & R SPRINGS
      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
      8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
        Looking good, have you got a closer image of the new system and a spec of it?
        The photo with the finished installation was a picture I found on mobile.de. No higher res, sorry

The Navi unit I'm using is a new (B7) A4 unit which has been coded in an A6, with VAG-COM to accept a CAN-BUS simulator to work. It has also been coded to accept a GALA signal externally through the adapter I bought on ebay.

An Audi original bluetooth unit for cellphones is also available, but at $680 USD. That will be the next thing I install after I'm finished.
        2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience

Comment

finished with the glueing, and added a carbon strip in where the two parts meet. My A4 double DIN frame will hopefully arrive tomorrow so that I can start cutting that as well to fit the A4 RNS internal fram in the RS2

The satnav unit is standard B6/B7 Audi A4 satnav. It is a bit too wide, and needs some major sanding on the sides (only plastic trim, to fit the 1,5cm more narrow RS2 console)

Comment

i will keep a track of your work!
            nice info on the electronics as well!
            please post as many photos as possible!!
            thanks

Comment

This is my forte, and if my plans for the S2 were to have it as a luxury cruiser (which it might become when I've finished spanking the hell out of it!) then it will receive an RNS-E, or maybe even MMI

Good luck, if there's anything I can help with let me know.
              1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
              2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
              1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

I fittet the AC panel, and switchpanel today.....I also did some testruns with the navi, and I think I have the wrong GALA signal. In my car it is not similar to the picture in the first post. My navi position was all over the place

Things aren't completely tightened up with screws in the pic, the buttons are a bit crooked, and the carbon film, 2mm to short

Any idea where and how I can get the GALA signal from?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaala View Post
                  I fittet the AC panel, and switchpanel today.....I also did some testruns with the navi, and I think I have the wrong GALA signal. In my car it is not similar to the picture in the first post. My navi position was all over the place

Things aren't completely tightened up with screws in the pic, the buttons are a bit crooked, and the carbon film, 2mm to short

Any idea where and how I can get the GALA signal from?:scratch:
                  Blue and white wire at dash multi plug.
                  L.Carr

Comment

How is this project doing? any progress? I'm sorta interested in doing this myself!

If not, has anyone else done this? and in that case willing to share?
                    Andreas Lundstroem
                    A4 STCC Avant -04
                    Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                    Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Hi, I've been very busy lately, so progress has been a bit slow. I have finally got the coding right, and the navi is now working properly. It had to be coded to A6/lambo gallardo to work, and accept the GALA signal from the dash.

I have also had some troubles with the speakers... the front ones are working perfectly, but the coding for A6 requires active rear speakers, and I have just changed all the speacers to new Focal ones I now run the front signal on all 4 speakers, and it's working ok. If I'm going to get the real rear signal I think I'm going to install and amp to boost the signal.

I also haven't made the 2 last trim pieces yet, I have several exams for a month now, but I'm trying to get it completed within the next two weeks.

very poor cellphone pic, but it gives you and idea.

Originally posted by S2|Andreas View Post
                      How is this project doing? any progress? I'm sorta interested in doing this myself!

If not, has anyone else done this? and in that case willing to share?

Comment

Dude! nice work <:

Would you say its an easy process or..?

edit: and what do you need the CAN-BUS simulator for?
                        Andreas Lundstroem
                        A4 STCC Avant -04
                        Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                        Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

do you have more photo's from this project ?, maybe i would like to try it myself
                          5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Huh - too wide?

This week, i ordered a RNS-E P# 8E0 035 192 T
                            together with an 'CAN-Adapter' and a A4 console skeleton.

While working out how it would fit the easiest way I decided to place it below the buttons an leave the airflows at their place. The aircon has to move..

After looking at the two brackets I decided to leave as much of the original to use the original mountings. After removing the rivets I removed a radio bracket part and the inner bracket of the A/C control unit. After a simple cut-out of the traverse between the radio and the ac control I could test-fit the RNS-E.

Looking left and right it seems this RNS-E is too wide that I would have to cut some metal away - not only the plastic frame..

@Skaala: which one did you exactly use?
                            Attached Files
                            '93 Audi S2 Avant panthero black, 412.000km
                            '94 Audi S4 C4 Avant 303Tkm, KW, Brembos, BN-Pipes, Bose, S6 front (sold)
                            '93 Audi S4 C4 Avant, 260Tkm
                            '88 Audi 100 Avant turbo 44Q
                            '84 Audi 80 quattro tornado red
                            sigpic

Comment

Never seen this before! well I better get researching!

Comment

Working...
                              X