RS2 roof mounted aerial angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 roof mounted aerial angle

Here's another one of those little details that I need to work out. I have looked at a few pitcures of the aerial on RS2s and S2 avants and it looks like there is a difference.

I know Fuba produced two versions of the Betaflex-D, a 45 degree and a 60 degree. The RS2 appears to use the 45 degree version. Can someone confirm this for me??

My 94 RS2 has the 45 degree one my 94 S2 avant the 60 degree hth
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
      My 94 RS2 has the 45 degree one my 94 S2 avant the 60 degree hth
      That's exactly what I needed to know!

I'll order a new 45 degree Fuba aerial for my car this afternoon!

Thank you!

Comment

Does it really make that much difference which one you have though apart from keeping the OEM look to the extreme?
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
          Does it really make that much difference which one you have though apart from keeping the OEM look to the extreme?
          From what ive seen of Toms RS2 project its `got to be` 100% accurate
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Ah right, thats fair play then
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
              From what ive seen of Toms RS2 project its `got to be` 100% accurate
              Originally posted by me MUM
              "If you're going to do it, you might as well to it right" or the negative spin "If you're not going to do it right, then don't do it at all"
              Yep, I need to be correct. The goal is to build a factory correct RS2, something we Americans never got. I've spent thousands $$ and over 5 years of traveling Europe in search of the correct parts for this project. I certainly wouldn't spoil it with a 60 degree Fuba.

Comment

Just maybe hang on for one of the other RS2 guys to confirm 100%

Comment

Fair play to ya, and thats serious dedication there
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Someone's nicked the roof aerial off the S6!

Does anyone know the best way of replacing it? Will the Betaflex-D fit and if so where can I source one?

thanks

Comment

Defenetely 45° degrees Tom.

Stefano
                      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                        Defenetely 45° degrees Tom.

Stefano
                        Thanks Stefano! I was able to source a new one. It was one of the first things I put on after the car came home from the paint shop.

Comment

Originally posted by urS6Tom View Post
                          Someone's nicked the roof aerial off the S6!

Does anyone know the best way of replacing it? Will the Betaflex-D fit and if so where can I source one?

thanks
                          Yes, it will fit. I'm assuming that they only took the mast? If so, you should still be able to get the replacement masts from Audi or an aftermarket source.

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                            Yes, it will fit. I'm assuming that they only took the mast? If so, you should still be able to get the replacement masts from Audi or an aftermarket source.
                            There are plenty of masts available on the 'bay or from Amazon but some are rubbish. In particular don't be tempted by a short(er) one or you'll get p poor radio reception.

John

Comment

anyone got a partnumber, rough cost and source this side of the pond? I believe mine may well be leaking again arrrrrrrrrrrrg

cheers
                              David
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X