Need some help pulling out a stereo head deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help pulling out a stereo head deck

I've gone and bought a new head deck, amp & speakers, and doing the full ICE upgrade. Glad to see those crappy nokia speakers gone.

I've now got:

2 x Clarion SRC1015 4" (Installed today)
    2 x Alpine Type S SPS-600 6 1/2" (Installed today)
    1 x Alpine V12 MRV-F450 - will be running 90W x 4 + 370W x 1 for when I get the sub
    1 x Pioneer DEH-P3000IB Head unit

I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the existing Blaupunkt Paris RCM104 head unit . Any advice?

Cheers,

George
    --
    '96 S2 Coupe
    '84 ur Quattro
    '72 MGB

there should be 4 grub screws with allen heads in the 4 holes (either side). Or if the stereo has ever been taken out before these might be missing. once these are out you need to insert a pair of removal keys. you can get them in halfords. kind of like 2 U shaped pieces of wire. you push one in each side (a prong into each hole) and then you pull the 2 keys outwards away from each other. that releases the catches either side and you pull the whole lot towards you. If you can't get the keys you can try a couple of fine screwdrivers either side but it gets fiddly grabbing the whole lot at once.
    hope this helps
    cheers
    nj

just found them here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

ah. just noticed halfords won't be that handy for you
      maybe best looking elsewhere or trying something you have handy, like a wire coathanger. the thing with the keys is they have barbed ends to catch on so you can pull the stereo out. if you want to try thin screwdrivers or something just remember to pull the ends outwards and maybe jam the fingers of your other hand in the cassette slot to pull towards you at the same time. Once you have one side out repeate for the other side and hope it doesn't click back into place, making a fool of you
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

A set of Din keys like these:
        Attached Files
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

2 pieces of 2mm welding rod (Flux removed) bent into a U shape with notches filled on one side
          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Found a good site for instruction manuals by chance on this search:
            http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/im...sigb=13jbtbskv

Comment

Thanks for all of your help

I've got the Blaupunkt unit out, and have been running wire throughout the car for the new Pioneer head unit.

I made some makeshift removal keys out of lightweight fencing wire, took out the blank plates on the switch panel above, and gently levered out the deck with a screwdriver. Worked perfectly.

Will post some photos and maybe a write up of my install when I'm done.

Thanks again,

George
              --
              '96 S2 Coupe
              '84 ur Quattro
              '72 MGB

Comment

well done that man. looking forward to the write up
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                X