In dash speaker size question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dash speaker size question...

The OEM size is 3.5", correct? Is 4" a safe upgrade without wholesale modification?

No the speakers are 4" only certain types of speakers will fit as the locate on lugs.

You can cut the dash and place 5.25" speakers in there.

Comment

I got 5.25" kenwoods in with hardly any mods, 1" tweeters fit perfectly into the vents next to them too

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
        I got 5.25" kenwoods in with hardly any mods, 1" tweeters fit perfectly into the vents next to them too
        Really Martyn?

Which model number? I take it you can't use factory grilles?

Cheers,

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

The lugs didnt line up perfectly but they fitted in tight enough not to matter.
          The crossover sat under the dash then just made a small hole in the vent ducting for the tweeter wiring.
          The mid was hidden behind the factory grill so all you could see was the black tweeter which was subtle anyway.
          Cant remember the model number but dont think you can get them now. I will be doing something similar on the new S2, so will write up a how to with some pics but its easy enough anyway

Comment

I have these in my S2:

afaik standard 4". I needed to break away 2 of the lugs to fit them, no further work required.

Comment

Working...
            X