Door build pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door build pics

Santa left just enough cash for a small ICE upgrade in the Avant, so I'm thinking about some DIY door builds, and I'm after some pics for inspiration. I've tried searching, but a lot of the threads are really old now! Bibby's how to thread would have been great, had the pics not disappeared!

So, has anyone got pics of door builds? Ideally for 17cm speakers.

Ta.
    Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

I think most of these door builds are soo OTT.
    I think using standard speakers in the avant you can get excellent sound anyway.( ok bass bin in boot and a few tweeters here and there)..

I seem to remember some on that white vynil wrapped rs2. to give you an idea...

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
      I think using standard speakers in the avant you can get excellent sound anyway.( ok bass bin in boot and a few tweeters here and there)..

using quality speakers in the standard slots.

John

Comment

Have a look in the for sales threads I posted some up for swap a few months back hth
        Chef

Comment

This ones a bit OTT but will give some ideas

http://www.rs-zwei.com/?cat=10

Comment

I thought you were selling the car?!
            As for speakers, I put componets in my blue one, factory fit replaces for the standard ones and tweeters in the round vents next to them.
            Perfectly good enough

Comment

Dest - I was selling. It appears that avants are worth 10p these days. I've since managed to re-jig some finances so I can keep it, for now at least.

I know everyone says that factory location is fine, but in the same vein - the factory turbo is just as fine I want something really oe looking. That rs2 linked above is pretty good. Bit ott though. Not sure about yours James, though not sure why!

To be honest something that looks like a factory mk2 golf setup would be great, obviously for bigger speakers though. Should be pretty easy to build too, since it's basically square (like the rest of the car lol!)
              Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

Comment

Those who think they can have great sound out of std speaker mounts, cant be very interested in music/stereo..

a 4" speaker (which is std front), doesnt play well (alone) , even if you buy 1k usd ones.. You need more low freq up front, and then you have to use the doors.
                And if you like great sound, you dont want hi freq speakers up front, and low freq speakers behind you in the doors. This does NOT sound great
                It sounds better than stock, but thats it.

I like the 4" + 1" up in the dash, and midbass drivers in the doors like i did in my car.. Great speakers and plenty of amplifier power for these, then you dont really need subwoofer unless you are really into ICE/sound. In my opinion, the only speakers allowed behind me is subwoofers from 60-70hz and down. The music should be infront of you, not behind

I also would like pics from door builds.. Especially box builds.. I would like my midbass`s to be in a closed box in the front doors. I might go that way if i could find a spare door panel to build, incase it doesnt work out hehe..

Ps. If you install 6,5" or bigger in the doors, you really need to dampen the door. both the dor outer/inner side, AND the plastic door panel.
                Makes a big difference
                94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

That's the funniest statement since dremelgate

Standard speakers are naff, 4" speakers cannot give midbass reiforcement to a sub as they do work well below 100 hz

Comment

lol take the covers off the dash speakers and it will improve them massivly

Comment

I've been having another look at this and been looking at some of the shallow depth speakers to see if they will fit straight into the door card with fouling the window mechanism. Unfortunately the snow over xmas meant i wasnt compelled to go and check this out, but i reckon it is a possibility. That or mounting on a ring then into the door card to give the relevant clearance.
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Mister Jamo my stereo sounds lovely. I think even you said so.. and they are mostly standard locations...

Comment

Mister Jamo my stereo sounds lovely. I think even you said so.. and they are mostly standard locations...
                          I ment standard locations not speakers i hate cardboard speakers...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            I've been having another look at this and been looking at some of the shallow depth speakers to see if they will fit straight into the door card with fouling the window mechanism. Unfortunately the snow over xmas meant i wasnt compelled to go and check this out, but i reckon it is a possibility. That or mounting on a ring then into the door card to give the relevant clearance.
                            My midbass speakers are 7cm deep. They are mounted on the outer bord of the door panel, on a Airbag doorpanel. I havent measured, but i bet i`ve got 5-6cm left into the window lift system.
                            94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

Sounds promising, have you got a couple of pics of your install?
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X