RS2 Sub install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Sub install

I guess we are all well aware how crap the sound system in a RS2, S2, 80 Avant is?
    A past owner of my RS2 has upgraded the speakers. They include Alpine DD Drives components in the rear and Power Acoustik 4 inch components in the front, with the tweeters placed where the small air vents on top of the dash. All this is running off the headunit. It sounds very average with no bass at all.
    My plan is to use a Sony 4 channel amp to power the front components and a 8 inch sub in the rear. Ill run the rear speakers off the head unit.
    Important to me is my boot space so Ill be mounting the amp along side the left hand side wall in front of the battery cubby hole. The amp is black so it shouldnt stick out to much against the black carpet.
    This is where it gets interesting, I also want to retain the spare wheel so this is what I have done so far, a new wheel cover made out of MDF:

Has anyone done this before? Any idea what it will sound like?
    1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
    1995 Audi RS2

The sizes of speaker you can fit into the stock dash locations mean you will always lack any real bass.

Some folk build doorcards to fit larger speakers, but you'll never get the same effect as having a proper subwoofer in the back.

8" is pretty small though, i guess it depends on what you listen to but i'd have said a minimum of 10", and what with all that space in the back of the RS2
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Ive got a Vibe CBR10 Active, it does'nt take up much space atall, and if needed it just unplugs and can be removed in 10 seconds to make more space

Comment

Working...
      X