Rear speaker boxs for Avant/Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speaker boxs for Avant/Sedan

Credit to David in Dublin for pointing this out, some Audi 80's have a plastic box sealing the rear speakers to the door trim, others just have a flimsy piece of foam in its place.

Which cars they were fitted to is unclear however i did find them in a 2.0 Audi 80. I have a suspicion they were fitted with the optional factory radios, Gamma etc.

To convert you will need the Plastic Box complete with foam seal, speaker wiring loom with foam seal, and six screws.

The wiring loom is basically just an extension lead that moves the connection up beside the rest of the wiring looms on the door and clips into place.

No luck with the part numbers, cant find them in the parts system, and the part number for the wiring loom cant be found. Anybody know where all the radios and speakers are hidden in ETKA?
    Attached Files
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

i've seen something like that before, I think some s4's come with them as well. If you can seal the sound in good it will help alot, on my 99 v reg passat its actually got a rubber ring that sits between the door card and a metal frame behind the card that amplifys the sound, I can crank it up to stupid volumes with no distortion etc, best speakers i've ever had, better than the uprated fusion speakers I fitted to the car.

Comment

can second that after the other night Pete
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Speaker Boxes

Hi

The older Audi 80 seemed to have them ,but as they got to late L to M reg i havnt seen them

I got a spare in Garage will look this evening and list number on box

The wiring to speakers diff

cheers
        john

Comment

My car has come with these boxes and amplified speakers.

Now the boxes and the mid-speakers are out, if some one want they...
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

I would keep them in use as it deff,gives a better sound quality

Comment

Originally posted by JMLAudi View Post
              I would keep them in use as it deff,gives a better sound quality
              Yes but only with 5" speakers.
              However, leave the boxes, put 6" with crossover filters and a little bit of Dynamant
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

These boxes are o.k but put a decent speaker in with sound deadening that can use the door volume and there is no contest.

Comment

Working...
                X