S6 Avant ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 Avant ICE

I'm about to embark on a getting some decent audio installed in the S6, but am struggling to find any threads/links on the subject.

I've got an Alpine head unit on order and will be looking for an amp, speaker upgrades for the doors (but to fit the stock locations) and some kind of sub. Not yet sure whether the sub will be a slimline one (or 2) under the front seats, or a proper one in the back.

Under the front seats would be more convenient but I'm not at all convinced the sound will be worth it. Installing in the rear is tricky as I often need to transport large items, so don't want to cut down on space, or compromise the ability to fold the rear seats flat.

If anyone's got any advice or knows of links to other projects I'd be very grateful!

Tom

I just put an alpine head unit in the URS4, replaced the original speakers with EDGE speakers and put a bass box in the back that has a sub embedded. The sub can be removed with ease, and the speakers were fitted into the existing holes.

Drop me a line for more inf mate!

Comment

In my car the Subwoofer is fitted into the spare wheel, the woofer nicely fits under the rear cover. And yes, the spare wheel(full size S2 3B) is still under the woofer. sould be 8" or 10" alpine woofer i'f i'm correct.

Comment

Do you have any photos of how you've fitted the sub into the spare wheel recess? Did you create a custom fit piece of MDF into that space and seal it? I can't picture it, but i'm interested in seeing how you've done it!

Do you run a separate amp and where is that situated?

cheers,
        Tom

Comment

I've got a spare unused JL 250/1 V2 sub amp is thats any help, compact and good quality.

Also have a Boston Acoustics 8" subwoofer (very compact) currently boxed, and a Decent 12" sub too.

Sorry to highjack, but both might be suitable for what you're describing, pm me if interested.

A small amp will usually fit quite nicely under one of the front seats (depending on clearance) abd means you have less distance to run power cables, RCA cable etc etc.

If you're looking at creating something really neat, then a custom fiberglass sub enclosure could be the way to go, a thick MDF baffle and then make up the rest to the shape you desire. Otherwise a decent MDF box is a hell of a lot simpler, but not as neat.
          Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

Working...
          X