best speakers for sound quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best speakers for sound quality

anyone got any suggestions for some crystal clear quality speakers for rear fill.

Seperate mids and tweeters are best i know but if any exceptional 6x9's are out there im all
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Wow, this is such a subjective subject. Everyone will have a different opinion on this. Some people like bass, others mid-range and some will sacrifice these for what they consider clarity.
    Don't worry what others think, go out and audition some speakers and buy what YOU personally like the sound of.
    Personally, some of the best in-car speakers I ever heard were KEF Kars. I think these are still available but not easy to get hold of.
    But as I say, the decision has to be yours as you will be the one that has to live with your purchase.
    Sorry if this is not the help you were hoping for, but I have been honest.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

if you´re asking me, 6x9" suck..

go for some Amega kit or some focal.. 6,5"

remeber that damping and mounting of the speaker are really important
      also to have a good amp for the speakers..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

would like clarity and imaging over and above everything else. I have a small sub to give some oomph.
        I know if i go into a car audio shop they're usually biased toward one brand and the enclosures they are in make them sound great in shop, so would like BTDT's from people who have shelf mounted stuff with good effect.
        Last edited by QuattroFever; 13 July 2010, 08:59.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I have Focal Polykevlar in my van and they sound very nice, friend uses some DLS kit and that rocks too although even old skool Rockford kit sounds nicer than the newer stuff.

Comment

Don't forget that there's no point having decent speakers if the rest of the kit isn't up to the job. Focal worked well for me back in the day, as did old skool JBL power and some stonking Kenwood amps
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
            X