MDF Speaker Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDF Speaker Rings

Anyone on the forum make MDF speaker rings?

Electric hacksaw and a drill is all that's needed.

Used to make custom speaker pods that way. Make the ring position the angle you want it. Stretch over subwoofer speaker cloth. Impregnate with fiberglass resin and finish molding once hard with body filler. Then retrim with desired cloth/leather/alcantara etc...
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I live in a flat, no access to use such tools now

I'm more than capable making sub boxes http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9802

them were the days

Comment

Do you want to convert large speaker box for smaller speakers?

I am making a pair for a mate. What size internal and ex? What thickness? Pre drilled?
        S2 91 (red standard)

Comment

Originally posted by borderS2 View Post
          Do you want to convert large speaker box for smaller speakers?

I am making a pair for a mate. What size internal and ex? What thickness? Pre drilled?
          Yeah got it in one, need to convert a box from 12" to 10"

Thickness 25mm OD = 12" ID = 9" recess in ring 10.5"

Comment

Rings

Same as I need to make. I think the thickest we have is 18/19mm. How deep do you want the recess?
            The ones I have planned are 320mm OS, there's enough space on this front panel.
            You want 305mm OS, 229mm IS and a recess in one face to seat the 10" speaker in, 268mm diam recess in centre?
            You want a pair of these?
            I will should be able to get the design done this week but if the CNC router is busy it may have to wait to be cut. Should take less 30 mins for all this and mine.
            S2 91 (red standard)

Comment

Same as I need to make. I think the thickest we have is 18/19mm. How deep do you want the recess?
              The ones I have planned are 320mm OS, there's enough space on this front panel.
              You want 305mm OS, 229mm IS and a recess in one face to seat the 10" speaker in, 268mm diam recess in centre?
              You want a pair of these?
              I will should be able to get the design done this week but if the CNC router is busy it may have to wait to be cut. Should take less 30 mins for all this and mine.
              I only really need one ring to be honest b

305mm OS, 229mm IS and a recess in one face to seat the 10" speaker in

I dont think i'll need the recess if the wood is 18/19mm then

Comment

Sod it I want he recess

Comment

How deep? and it is for the new speaker to sit in rather than to sit in the hole in the cabinet
                  S2 91 (red standard)

Comment

How deep? and it is for the new speaker to sit in rather than to sit in the hole in the cabinet
                    both I'll sit the speaker in the recess and then put the ring inside the box hole which then sits in a false floor

failing that I'll have to dismantel the box and make a new front mdf piece

Comment

Working...
                    X