Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement roof antenna

Hi,

I need to replace the antenna on my coupe as it looks like somebody has scuffed it against a low roof or something in the past and you can see the spring coming through the rubber.

I only need the antenna as the base is ok.

The question I have is I have noticed that most of the replacement antennas on Ebay and the like have wire coiled around them.

The last 2 coupes I have had were not like this.

At least one of the adds claims that they are original Fuba parts.

Is this what all replacements are like now or are they not up to scratch quality wise ?

Does the wire make them whistle at speed ?

Thanks,

Martin

The replacement ones with the spiral wire are OEM, my replacement is like that and does not whistle.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

In that case I'll order one and stick it on !

Thanks Steve.

Martin.

Comment

Anyone know how to get an amplified base unit and how to get to change it on an avant?

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
          Anyone know how to get an amplified base unit and how to get to change it on an avant?
          Ditto, me too re sourcing a decent ariel and base/amp. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
            The replacement ones with the spiral wire are OEM, my replacement is like that and does not whistle.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
            So now it is clear to me i was just comparing prices and i notice the difference on prices. Anyway happy new year to all of you guys! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X