Ignition noise in one channel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition noise in one channel ?

I can't get my head around this problem.

I just installed a Pioneer Avic X1 HU to replace the Sony - and I thought that would cure the ignition sound in the rear right speaker - but no cigar. I have tried to replace the speaker (had a spare lying around) - but no success. The Pioneer have a hidden box under the back seat, but the speaker cables comes from the HU via the OEM loom.

It puzzles me that a HU or speaker replacement doesn't help. I unplug the speaker and all is OK - except for some lack of sound and a non functional door grip, but that's another problem I'm sure .

Any thoughts?
    Cheers, Torben
    '94 B4 Avant S2

Ignition noise is a ground loop in the wiring replacing the stereo or speaker will do jack
    You need an suppression device or start by grounding the headunit to the body rather thank going through the oem loom

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Ignition noise is a ground loop in the wiring replacing the stereo or speaker will do jack
      You need an suppression device or start by grounding the headunit to the body rather thank going through the oem loom
      Thank's. I realize now it is generator/alternator noise - found this thread : http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=rear+speakers

I have active speakers in the rear.. err.. the back doors.. err.. damn. Best bet - ground connection to the speakers amplifier. Must go check.
      Cheers, Torben
      '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Working...
      X