No announcement yet.

Front Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pop the grill out, and use a dumpy phillips screwdriver to remove the screw holing it in. pull it out

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Are there a set of 4" speakers with the tweeters attached to a bridge(?) that go straight in the standard slots using the standard grilles? Useful thread this.
        Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyNut View Post
          Are there a set of 4" speakers with the tweeters attached to a bridge(?) that go straight in the standard slots using the standard grilles? Useful thread this.
          Yes, many in the market. In fact, My 3 year old infinity 4" Coax speakers (think I've still got the boxes too) will be up for sale soon. Send me a PM if your interested? I will be changing them for a 4" or 5" compenet set up front, using the dash vent for the tweeter.
          RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Anyone got any pics of their dash with the 5 1/4" speakers cut in?
            And how much cutting was involved? I'm assuming they are just top mounted?
            How deep can you go?
            I was looking at a set of infinity kappa components, as i have a bigger set for the rear to be fitted.
            Tia
            Dan

Comment

this is amazing, I have just seen the future of my car stereo. No hacking, what speaker/tweeter sizes did you use?

thanks

Comment

Anyone know where to get those audi speaker covers that actually let the sound through? Typically the focal grills don't fit the hole and there is a clear difference when using the stock grills an having them off.

Comment

Hi.
                  I've the OEM 4" speaker with:
                  Alpine Ampl.
                  3 way crossover
                  silk tweeter
                  6" DLS woofer
                  oxigen free wire
                  dinamant (?) plate

And all sound perfect
                  photobucket SUCKS
                  sigpic