Coupe rear speaker mounting depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe rear speaker mounting depth

I recently put some In Phase 10cm shallow mount speakers in the front of my 1994 Coupe but am looking to put some new 13cm speakers in the original spaces in the rear. Does anyone know if there is an issue with the mounting depth in the back as well as the front?
    I'm looking at putting some In Phase in the back as well but the shallow mount are more expensive......
    these are the normal size speakers http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...20_p-26004.htm
    whilst these are the shallow mount ones http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...t5_p-25623.htm
    Does anybody know if the large mount depth ones will fit? I believe they are basically the same speaker but the later is made to be thinner.
    Cheers in advance.
    Lee

I would go for the shallow mounts, it took quite a while to get mine in. Coupe speaker install Its going back a few years now mind you.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cheers Greg............I ordered the shallow mount ones today & are already on their way........& were even cheaper on Amazon.......job done!!!!
      As an aside, is it difficult to get the rear quarter panels out? I assume the rear bench is going to have to come out in order to get to certain screws???

Comment

Originally posted by bungle74 View Post
        Cheers Greg............I ordered the shallow mount ones today & are already on their way........& were even cheaper on Amazon.......job done!!!!
        As an aside, is it difficult to get the rear quarter panels out? I assume the rear bench is going to have to come out in order to get to certain screws???
        Rear quarter is quick to remove, just a few Philips screws, I have always had the seat base out anyway, it is also just 2 Philips screws or small hex screws.

The doorcard then slides up to remove, then disconnect the speaker wires. You need to line up the "fingers" on the doorcards to slide it down into the slots when refitting.

You may need to pull up the plastic inner sill trim to get the base of the door card off.

It is much more straightforward to do than explain.

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Cheers Andy
          That's going to help loads...........looks like I'll be spending a couple of lunchtimes dismantling the back of my car next week

Comment

Working...
          X