No announcement yet.

Ignition Switched Live for ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin red wire on back of the ignition barrel goes 0V when you remove the key
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Cheers Scotty- that'll be the one I'm looking for

Comment

Don't do what I did and wire the radio feed to the Air conditioning switched 12v supply. The radio goes off at -5 deg C as the car switches off the A/C to protect it!

The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
          Don't do what I did and wire the radio feed to the Air conditioning switched 12v supply. The radio goes off at -5 deg C as the car switches off the A/C to protect it!

epic!

I'd pay to see your face when you realized... hahahaha
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I can't remember how I wired in the ignition live on my S2, but this is always an option for those not comfortable chopping their factory wiring up: http://www.acvgmbh.de/shop3/product_...-ignigen.html&
            EX S2 ABY owner, now driving a BMW E39 530D manual & a MK1 Golf GTi called 'Hattie'
            My second Supra, a very special 1997 RZ-S 6 speed single

Comment

blue/black wire off the abs /fog light etc switches above the headunit is were i always take mine from

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                epic!

I'd pay to see your face when you realized... hahahaha
                It took six months. I took the car out one winter morning and was happlily enjoying the tunes when the Kenwood Mask faceplate reversed itself round and the whole lot shut down....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Hahaha, absolutely fantastic!
                  Cheers,
                  Grant

S2 Coupe ABY '94

Comment

Working...
                  X