strange problem on concert radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem on concert radio

my concert radio switches itself off 1 hr exactly after turning it on ,this has happened every journey for the past 2 weeks ,switch it back on and its fine for another hr.
    Any ideas as to what the problem could be
    skint but fast

Dodgy live feed on switched +ve?
    If the ignition is off in my car the radio turns itself off after one hour to save battery. I have a Blaupunkt DAB52 but maybe the Concerts have the same feature.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Mad,

did you manage this switch off thing? I have the concert now and of course it does the same. I wonder if this canbus system can be overruled in the S2.
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

i never got mine sorted we put it down to the bose amplifier being faulty cause when the guy wired my rear speakers to my new stereo it kept switching it off but once it was the bose amp was disconnected had no more bother, if you are having same problem maybe its something in the system is not compatable with the car

i have spoken with blaupunkt technical dept many times before and they are really helpful maybe they can give you some advise
        skint but fast

Comment

Someone asked just the same question today on our Finnish forum. The answer was that if properly connected, it won't switch off. It needs the switched power from the ignition switch.
          -

Comment

I think Lee and Porkkis are right. The Concert needs to have a permanant and a switched ignition feed. It has what they call "intelligent power management". Basically what this means that if you have the headunit switched on when you turn off the ignition and remove the keys the headunit will turn off (with the switched ignition feed). However, you can then turn the radio on again by pushing the on switch, even with the switched ignition feed off. This is so if you are parked in the car and you want to listen to the headunit you don't have to put the keys in the ignition to do so. However, in this situation with the power coming only from the permanant 12V feed and nothing from the sitched ignition feed, the radio will automatically turn off after one hour. This is to save your battery just in case you unintentionally left the headunit on. Therfore your problem is likely to be that you don't have a switched igntion feed to the headunit.
            Last edited by GlynRS2; 10 February 2005, 08:16.
            Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
            Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
            X