Stereo settings, grrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo settings, grrr

Ok, I am not a great One for electrics, but I managed to sort out my new stereo system, parrot, iPod dock, sub and all the speakers, my only issue is that the stereo doesn't remember any settings... Cd always starts from the beginning, bass, treble, hod and sub settings gone, the lot... Very annoying.

Everything seems to be wired up, just that as an issue and I am sure it's probably a simple fix, any suggestions?

Thanks

I ve same problem when I quickly fitted a cd player to my t4 just as it was better than hearing the engine!
    U need a permenant feed from ignition or battery to save settings
    Remember a fused linked close to the battery
    U can get power leads easy online

Comment

something to do with the power supply (red and yellow cables i think usually) when you turn the car off, its cutting the supply to the stereo, they need a permanent feed i think
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

You've wired the stereo 12+v to the ignition wire and not the a permenant 12v source. Common mistake easy to sort out

Comment

you need a permanent live, then switch the red & yellow wires that should sort it
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, when it would be simple, I followed Error404's advise and swapped the yellow/reds and that did it - the logic of having the wrong colour wires work correctly how it should baffles me, why dont manufacturers put a note of this in their install wiring diagrams?

my system sounds killer everytime I turn her on now :-)

Comment

Most harnesses now have the red and yellow wires with socket connectors so you can swap them around, a lot of older German cars had the permenant and switched lives swapped, IIRC it was due to some early 90s german environmental laws or something
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yeah thats what this had so it was a quick job... thanks for the pointers.

As for the germans, well, I for one am boggled at the amount of screws, nuts and bolts they use in the process of building a car - putting the interior back in is like a 3D jigsaw some 6 months after having taken it out

Comment

you wanna try removing or replacing a panel.......
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

good luck with that!

Comment

Working...
                    X