Bose into URS6? Anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose into URS6? Anyone done it?

Hi all, i my S6 is finally running well thanks to Will at VRS, and now its time to fit the Bose system i bought for it. The components are in, that was dead easy, however, looking at the loom for it, looks a bit daunting as i'm not that electrically minded!!

Has anyone fitted this loom into an S6 Avant??

Why would you want to do this anyway?

The Bose system of that era was good 20 years ago, but it's nowhere near as good now.
    Components evolve, speakers and amps have gotten a lot better, etc...

Even budget modern aftermarket speakers will sound a lot better than that 20 year old Bose unit.
    Last edited by prj; 14 August 2012, 15:22.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Because i want the car to be 'factory' and as good as it can be. I had 1 speaker out of 4 working as it was so i'm sure ill be happy with it, lol.

Secondly, I just detest, with a passion, chavy, after market head units and subs taking up all the boot space, just awful!!

Comment

Well, if you are ready to have it sound cr*p by modern standards for the "factory" alone, then sure...

But if you want factory, you can easily hide away a small amp, and fit 4x aftermarket speakers + tweeters.
        Will look completely original, but sound very good.

Fitting that Bose unit will be a right PITA. You can start by ripping out all the speakers out of your car, since they will not be compatible, etc...

I have Bose in my RS4, and I had a friend with Bose in an S6, and really any modern aftermarket setup is much better.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
          Well, if you are ready to have it sound cr*p by modern standards for the "factory" alone, then sure...

But if you want factory, you can easily hide away a small amp, and fit 4x aftermarket speakers + tweeters.
          Will look completely original, but sound very good.

Fitting that Bose unit will be a right PITA. You can start by ripping out all the speakers out of your car, since they will not be compatible, etc...
          Yes i'm aware it wont be the easiest task as the speakers, changer and sub unit are provisionally in now.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS-S6 View Post
            Because i want the car to be 'factory' and as good as it can be. I had 1 speaker out of 4 working as it was so i'm sure ill be happy with it, lol.

Secondly, I just detest, with a passion, chavy, after market head units and subs taking up all the boot space, just awful!!
            Good for you buddy, it's your car, do what you wanna do!
            I've got a similar issue, gave my original Blaupunkt to a stereo shop to re-code, they had it for about 5 months before admitting their computer was too fast to re-code it......making do with 'chavy lit up like a disco' cd player for now.
            Good luck with the Bose set-up.
            John.

Comment

Did you get my PM with the links to the two console remove pdfs?
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks John!!

Yes thanks I did. Once the winter sets in over here I'll put them to good use!

Comment

I guess you never got the pdfs then.
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    I guess you never got the pdfs then.
                    Yeh i did mate!! Thats what i was meaning about putting them into use over winter, thank-you

Comment

Newer head units are horrible
                      I can't use mine at night as its so bright(blue) it distracts me from the road
                      Was a really boring drive home when I bought it, apart from gettingy mate in his s4 to keep up do he didn't get lost

Comment

Originally posted by HMS-S6 View Post
                        Hi all, i my S6 is finally running well thanks to Will at VRS, and now its time to fit the Bose system i bought for it. The components are in, that was dead easy, however, looking at the loom for it, looks a bit daunting as i'm not that electrically minded!!

Has anyone fitted this loom into an S6 Avant??
                        Does anyone recall what the cure was to the car running badly ?

Bit obscure I know, but still curious.

Can never have too much knowledge of how others are getting on with these S i5 cars.

Comment

This is 2 years old and guy didnt log for 5+ months...

Comment

I realise that, please see the content of my post.

People on here have long and good memories, but I don't.

Comment

Working...
                            X