New System In My S2 Limo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New System In My S2 Limo

I was looking to build a high quality system in my limo, After looking around on the forum i saw that most people where using MB Quart in the dash and in the doors, but most people installed Coaxial systems in the front and rear...
    I saw that someone had installed components in the dash and had put the tweeters in the air vents, Brilliant idea by the way!
    So i decided to do both front and rear components,The front tweeters in the air vents and since my car has the active rear speakers the rear tweeters are gonna go where the stock ones are.

This is what i ordered:

DLS Reference R4 4" Component
    DLS Reference R5A 5 1/4" Component
    DLS CA 41 500Watt RMS 4 Channel amp
    (Two) JL Audio 12W0v3 12" Subwoofers
    JL Audio HD1200/1 1200Watt RMS Mono Sub Amp :mischeif:

The reason i bought DLS instead of MB Quart is because i think DLS makes a higher quality 4" speaker, So i thought would use DLS for the speakers...

I hope on getting some feed back from you guys...

To get the best out of the front I would also add door builds as the little 4" struggle a bit
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I was thinking about that... But I really don't want to make a hole in the door cards...
      The only way to add speakers without drilling is to make a custom fiberglass speaker boxes to go over the door cards...
      Do you know of any other alternatives??

Comment

4" speakers are naff, you can buy the best ones in the world but size matters. Door or even Kick Builds will be the only way to get decent sound

Comment

Working...
        X