Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would assume the original part number is an RS2 unit and therefore fits an Avant and wouldnt fit a Coupe??
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I have 8.75" midbass in my front doors. Doorbuilds aren't difficult to build yourself.
      acidtrax

Comment

I could prob manage to knock something up, but i dont want to molest my original door cards, let alone cut holes in them!!!

Also my door cards are a deep blue colour and i cant get a colour match and black stands out too much
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Bibby
          I have 8.75" midbass in my front doors. Doorbuilds aren't difficult to build yourself.
          Any links or help
          Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
          S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I have those plastic thingies as in Nero's lower pic. They were already in the car when I bought it. Sourced the same ones from german ebay for my fried. Beware, there are 2 versions! 1 for classic t89 sedan door and 1 for coupe and newer b4 doors.

The big door pockets are originally for cars with passenger air bag -> they have a tiny glove box.
            -

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.de/Doorboards-Audi-8...QQcmdZViewItem

The manufacturer is phonocar. Needs a bit of work to fit and you have to ruin your door trim.
              -

Comment

Porkkis.

Can you clarify exactly which one i would need for series3 90q sedan. I presume you mean type89? Also, are they any good?

Cheers

R.
                Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

What is a series3? Except for a never heard term?

They're plastic, they're cheap, they can't be great and they're not. They do their job and are a ok product compared to price tag.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                    Any links or help
                    Go to the TalkAudio forums here and look in the FAQ. Two examples of doorpod building are in there courtesy of Amit.

I need to do mine again now I finally have some grilles. I'll take pics as I go along if you think you'll find them useful.
                    acidtrax

Comment

Originally posted by Bibby
                      exactly my point. If You do it by yourself, you will be more satisfied with it.

Here' s my door panels:

all started like this (I bought one pair doorpanels for that. I want to original stays like the are) and final result is:

Comment

Nice work Lynx, they look great.
                        acidtrax

Comment

I can say from personal experience that Carlos' door builds are awesome. Mk II will be well worth following. Although i am generally quite happy with my in car Audio, Carlos quite kindly pointed out my mistakes. The fatal error i made was wanting to "share" the sound with all of the other occupants (like i take anyone anywhere in it, the weight upsets the suspension!!) so i had created an almost surround sound system, it is still awesome but Carlos' system puts the music right THERE, you can almost point at it:-) I would say a properly done front door build would create the definative build for a Coupe, without butchering the dash.

graham.
                          Signature censored
                          The member formerly known as tekkno300

Comment

Hmmm
                            That part number quoted at the top of this thread, and shown in the pic by Marty is for the;

Audi Cabriolet
                            Audi Coupe
                            Audi Coupe quattro.

Question, it says it's for vehicles with airbag, mine has an airbag, but I don't have these door pockets so whats the difference ? Not fussed really, just curious
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I told that already
                              -

Comment

Hmm i think that that also the dashboard of the cars witn that sort of door cards are different.
                                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                                X