Need help with ICE wiring,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with ICE wiring,

Just installed a new head unit the hard way as the wiring loom was wired into a crappy aftermarket stereo. Can anybody help me identify the correct colour wires for the rear speakers and identify the ones left over please?

So far I’ve worked out,

(Power)

Red/Blue : + power (non switched)
    Brown : - earth
    Grey/Blue : Instrument Illumination

Two White : Aerial? On the old head unit it was connected to the remote aerial signal, is this correct? Is this the power feed for the antenna amp (on roof)

I also can’t figure out what the following are for on the same wiring loom,

White/Blue : ?
    Brown/Grey : ?

(Speakers)

I found the two fronts, Large Green & Green / Black for each side.

For the rear the old stereo was wired as below except only the tweeter works on the right hand side.

Blue/Green : RL+
    Brown/Red : RL-
    Red/Green : RR+
    Brown/Black: RR-

On the same wiring loom there is also the following disconnected,

Red/Yellow : ?
    Grey/Red : ?
    Red/Brown: ?

Can somebody please explain the rear speakers, AFAIK there are the two each side of the rear seat and two tweeters each side of the back shelf. Are these amplified speakers, if so how do I wire them? And what are the five unknown wires left over for

Thanks,

Mark.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

afaik the tweeters dont need seperate wiring to the rear speakers ,they didnt on mine

my wiring was such a mess in the back of the unit with all the different colours i found it easier just to run new speaker wiring from the rear to the head unit.

you should also have another positive for the head unit memory

dont quote me but i dont thinks theres a seperate power supply for the aerial
    but i could be wrong
    skint but fast

Comment

the standard rear speakers have the main connection from the head unit, then there is a jumper on the speaker and another lead from the speaker off to the tweeters in the back, so you only need to run one to either side.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
      X