radio with life of its own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio with life of its own

Hi - walked out to the car this morning to find the radio on and a cd ejected

Definately wasn't left on when I got out the car as the buzzer for lights/radio would have been going.

Any ideas? presuming a bad earth or something maybe?

Cheers
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

A few months ago, my preselect sunroof opened itself as I walked away from a locked car. Fortunately I just happened to look back at the car after parking it on the drive. Quite lucky as it rained that evening.

Comment

my sun roof has dune the same in the past, cant work out way
      service tec @ East Kent Audi
      S2 ABY
      B8.5 A4

Comment

my radio pops the screen out if battery is low, basically totally flattening it.

also pops out on start if battery is low.

Comment

i was wondering if water getting in via the aerial base could short the live feed and turn it on that way? Poking about yesterday found a bad connection to the door speaker and a dud tweeter on the dash....can of worms lol
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I have removed it all on the Ur and just listen to the engine....surprising how heavy it is when you try and pick it all up...

Comment

thats probably the cheapest way to deal with the issue I'd agree but its sooooo boring going to and from Ipswich I need some music every now and then lol
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                thats probably the cheapest way to deal with the issue I'd agree but its sooooo boring going to and from Ipswich I need some music every now and then lol
                iPod.......

Comment

yep it's plumbed into the blaupunkt head unit...more a case of the thing being on all night and the battery being drained if it decides that its going to turn itself on reminds me, I should check it hasn't done it again in the last24 hrs
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Anyone confirm the autoleads part number to allow a plug in of a single I so connector. Looks like pc9-409. Anyone have one kicking about they want to get rid of?
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X