Concert ll headunit help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert ll headunit help needed

Can anyone tell how to make a concert ll cd tuner to not to switch itself off every hour and to basically behave as it should in a 96 ABY? BOSE etc problems, you know these.
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

i think there is a timer but not sure how you (if you can) disable it? Do you not have nay instructions...? I'd play dumb and contact a stealer and ask them, say its in your A6 - if you say S2 it'll confuse them lol

Out of interest does a concertII slip straight into an S2 dash and connect up ok?

Cheers

DC
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Out of interest does a concertII slip straight into an S2 dash and connect up ok?
      I was just thinking the same. The smallest version of a Chorus/Concert II is 22cm wide (from A6,A2 & TT I think), but the maximum width in the centre console is only 21cm once you have removed the spacers.
      Have you shaved 5mm of each side of the unit or something?
      Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
      Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

had exactly the same thing with my bose concert radio my technician put it down to the bose amp being faulty
        skint but fast

Comment

Gabor,
          As with Madshead I think the problem is down to the switched ignition feed. See this thread
          However with a Chorus/Concert II headunit this is where it may get a bit more tricky. The permanat 12V feed should be on Pin7 of the connector III (the lower black ISO). Normally the switched ignition feed from terminal 86s of the ignition switch would then go to Pin 4 on VW/Audi OEM units. However, on the Chorus/Concert II headunits this is not stated as such on the connector diagram on the top of the unit, with no designation given to Pin 4 at all On Pin 3 it is marked K-bus, which I had presumed brings in the speed sensor signal via the CAN-bus from the ECU (which had previously been down on Pin 1 on earlier OEM units as a GALA signal coming from the back of the instrument cluster). Pin 1 is now marked as BOSE - this is strange as the control switch on to the ampilfier usually comes from Pin 6 in connector I (the top three part 20 pin connector). If having a switched ignition feed to Pin 4 doesn't work, do you need to direct a switched ignition feed to either Pin 1? Or possibly Pin 3??
          This change of wiring has caused others a problem. I have heard of people with earlier models of A4/A3/TT that had either Chorus/Concert I headunits getting the Chorus/Concert II headunits as an upgrade and then finding they don't work correctly when simply plugged in as the wiring harness is different. This could be the reason. The only way to find out which pin has the switched feed would be to have a look at the connector pins of someones harness who had one of these units fitted as standard. Hopefully someone may have done that already, or have the wiring diagrams.
          Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
          Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

I looked into the possibility of the concert 11 system,,,,, my stumbling block was the fit of the unit and also the problems described by Gabor, ie the unit's not being compatible with the earlier wiring,,,never heard a solution to it yet though
            Noticed in another thread that Gabor has managed to fit the unit into his dash (link to pic below),,,,so thats one block removed,,,,just need a solution to this other problem next.

Originally posted by GlynRS2
            I was just thinking the same. The smallest version of a Chorus/Concert II is 22cm wide (from A6,A2 & TT I think), but the maximum width in the centre console is only 21cm once you have removed the spacers.
            Have you shaved 5mm of each side of the unit or something?
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings

Noticed in another thread that Gabor has managed to fit the unit into his dash (link to pic below),,,,so thats one block removed,,,,just need a solution to this other problem next.
              Well,
              if you observ the radio's edges its visible that it still doesn't fit properly. As stated by forum members, this model is about a cm too wide at the front. It is a problem, because the front plate forces the dashboard sideways and a gap becomes visible beside the switches and the air vents. Uggly. So at the weekend comes the dremel grinder and will mill both sides to fit 100%. At the same time the new Apexi boost gauge will go in. Nice family weekend, I expect
              Attached Files
              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
              X